Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Nightly affirmations (come on in and let 'em out!)

So I read this last night and totally wanted to share, but I was really comfy and didn't want to get out of bed :P But, this advice from Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth about laboring naturally (provided you and your baby are in good health, of course) really struck a chord with me:

Let Your Monkey Do It

To give you an idea of what I mean, here are some things monkeys and apes don't do in labor that many women do - and that interfere with labor:

Monkeys don't think of technology as necessary to birth-giving.
Monkeys don't obsess about their bodies being inadequate.
Monkeys don't blame their condition on anyone else.
Monkeys don't do math about their dilation to speculate how long labor might take.
Monkeys in labor get into the position that feels best, not the one they're told to assume.
Monkeys aren't self-conscious about making noise, farting, or pooping during labor. All queens, duchesses, and movie stars poop - every day, if they're healthy.

I think so long as we don't throw the poo we're alright.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Nightly affirmations (come on in and let 'em out!)

• Options

God is in control, even when I feel like I'm not!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

There are actually times during this pgal journey that I am actually at peace and confident that this is my rainbow baby!  Thank the Lord!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebenoitfan:

There are actually times during this pgal journey that I am actually at peace and confident that this is my rainbow baby!  Thank the Lord!

I like this one. I think sometimes because we have all suffered loss on this board we struggle to have this affirmation, and I really hope and pray that all of the ladies here get to feel this one a little more often. 

imageimage
  • Options
    imagejessalynn521:
    imagebenoitfan:

I like this one. I think sometimes because we have all suffered loss on this board we struggle to have this affirmation, and I really hope and pray that all of the ladies here get to feel this one a little more often. 

This is part of why I wanted to start posting these. I think because we belong to a community of women who have experienced some really terrible things, it's harder to feel hope. It's totally possible to be grounded in reality but still try and be positive, I think. Even if it's really difficult!

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"