Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

No court would convict me, right?

Because I'm about to beat my dh up against the head!

He's diabetic.  He took extra insulin tonight because he had leftover pie.  I asked him to check his levels before he put ds to bed because I was afraid he'd fall asleep and then crash.

Well...he fell asleep.  And didn't test.  And won't wake up to test.

If he wakes up crabby and with a headache tomorrow because he crashed and bounced I'm so not going to care.  And I might just say I told you so!

Re: No court would convict me, right?

• Options

Go ahead and smack him, maybe he'll wake up and test.  LOL

• Options
    You could check it for him.   That would wake him up.  lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

OMFG! How are you married to my husband?

Matt is a brittle diabetic who has been hospitalized three times since we got married. He tries to make me responsible for making sure he tests and takes his shots. Excuse me? I'm not your mother, and I already have a baby, thank you!

Ugh. Has yours ever been in diabetic ketoacidosis? It's horrible. And that's why I ride him like a harpy to make sure he's taking it the way he should.

• Options
    imageLoriFalce:

OMFG! How are you married to my husband?

Matt is a brittle diabetic who has been hospitalized three times since we got married. He tries to make me responsible for making sure he tests and takes his shots. Excuse me? I'm not your mother, and I already have a baby, thank you!

Ugh. Has yours ever been in diabetic ketoacidosis? It's horrible. And that's why I ride him like a harpy to make sure he's taking it the way he should.

My dh is brittle too.  It's a never ending battle.  It's also a big part of the reason I cook so much...we can better manage if we know what is in our food.  But the holidays screw it all up.

• Options
    I've found that husbands rarely listen to wives, especially where their health is concerned. I've been telling DH for the better part of the last year to get a mole on his forehead checked out. He kept poo-pooing me, until I finally wore him down a month ago. He went to the dermatologist, and, guess what! It was cancerous! He got it removed and he's fine now, but I'm not holding out any hope that this episode taught him to listen to me the first time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Is he a bread hound? I can make cookies every day and he doesn't glance at them unless I stick them under his nose. I buy a loaf of bread and it's like he can smell it from the car as I pull into the driveway. Bread, pasta, potatoes, that's his problem.
  • Options
    Hippy, poke his finger and check his sugars please! He could be crabby/won't wake up because he is low/high. I have been on way to many diabetic calls that started out with those symptoms. Love you....p
  • Options
    o my gosh my husband does the same thing!!! he is like i was some what ever and will take extra! i hate when he does that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"