Pregnant after IF

bleeding scare yesterday.

Yesterday, on my 20w mark, I spent the day in the hospital. Baby and I are okay, thank god! 

I was driving up to visit my cousin about an hour away. I stopped at pottery barn kids bc that's the closest store. When I got out of the car, I felt a gush. Ran into the bathroom and bright red - bled through my mini pad. Called dr and the said go right to the ER. Luckily the hospital was less than a mile away. 

They had me in OB triage. Found hb -157. Felt better. Then did a bed side u/s and I saw Peyton moving all around. Felt loads better!! They squeezed me in at their MFM and the Peri did more u/s and tv u/s. 

Baby looked great. Cervix was spectacular. Plenty of amniotic fluid. But no sign of any tears or any other SCH. He said that bleeding isn't uncommon and that everything else looks perfect. He said that he obviously cant guarantee that all will be okay, but said it's highly unlikely that this will end badly for me. 

My MFM squeezed me in this morning but my Peri wasn't there :(. I'm glad I went for a second set of eyes, but I still feel uneasy.  Perhaps I've learned to put too much faith in my peri alone...

Honestly, this guy didn't tell me anything that the peri didn't yesterday.  But today's peri used actual medical terms with honestly scared me sh!tless.  

I'm pretty terrified at the moment. 

This peri agreed that there doesn't seem to be a tear, cervix is excellent, and plenty of amniotic fluid. All in all, a very happy baby. 

But bc those things are non-issues the only explanation for the bleeding is placenta abruption. Cue the water works. He said this ups my risk of PPROM. Cue the hysterics. He didn't seem to understand why I was so upset. He said 95% of the time things turn out fine. I tried to explain to him that I know so many women who lost their babies due to PPROM - his response was obviously the population of our group has had too many bad things hapen and that in the general population and in all his patients it turns out fine. 

I want to believe him. I am just so sad and scared right now.  

S/PAIFW
Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
IVF #3

Re: bleeding scare yesterday.

• TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Oh hon, I'm so sorry, how scary!  You have had a pretty rough go of this pregnancy.  Sending lots of T&P to you that everything is okay.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • How scary!! Happy to hear the baby is doing good though {{HUGS}}
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Very scary! Im glad youre both ok!!!
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Pnut30Pnut30 member
    I am so sorry... what a scary thing to have happen! Lots of thoughts and prayers to you that everything is ok and you are able to calm your fears a bit. 
  • maby22maby22 member
    (((hugs))) You and your LO are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Sending you {{hugs}}.  This is so scary.  Try to stay positive and focus on the 95%.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What a scary experience!  I'm hoping your Peri is right and that you are one of the 95% it turns out fine for.
    TTC since June 2011
    DH diagnosed with Testicular Cancer 8/2010
    Low sperm count. Only option IVF with ICSI
    Starting First cycle Jan/Feb 2012- Canceled due to not responding to BCP and/or Lupron
    IVF 1.2- stims March 14, ER March 24, 16 R 10F 6 made it to blast
    ET March 29- transferred two blasts, 4A and 4BA, froze 4
    Positive HPT 9dp5dt Beta 1- 385 11dp5dt
    u/s April 25- one healthy heartbeat
    EDD 12/12/12>

• I am so sorry you are going through this stress. While I know it is not the same, I've had bouts of red spotting since 16 weeks and every time it is terrifying to see. I keep telling myself the doctors want me to have these babies and they don't want to be held responsible if something goes wrong. If something were really scary, they'd let me know. I just have to believe they know what they are doing.

Sending lots of hugs your way. 

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• I am sorry:( That is really stressful. One high-risk ob-gyn we consulted with after our loss suggested that in retrospect when I had my big bleed at 16w, I probably should have restarted progesterone and also started antibiotics (as a preventative, since clots/stagnant blood can increase the risk of infection which is another trigger for pPROM). You might want to ask about those things. Even though worst case scenario happened to me, your MFM is right that it's really the exception and not the rule. T&Ps that everything will be uneventful from here on out.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Im sorry you had the bleeding scare. Lots of T&Ps that there won't be a repeat and things go smoothly from here on out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"