December 2011 Moms

care.com?

Has anyone had luck with care.com?  I don't want to subscribe if it's not worth it.  We just need a sitter for a wedding one night.  It would be nice to find someone we can use occasionally after that, though.  I've already asked my ONE FRIEND in town for a recommendation but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

May Siggy Challenge: TV mom

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: care.com?

• RizziBRizziB member
    I haven't used it, but it's been recommended to me by a couple people.  I think one friend found her nanny through care.com.  Another friend mentioned that a couple people she tried to interview from the site flaked.  So I guess it can be hit or miss.  I'm thinking about trying it though.  
    Anniversary
    image image
    The third time was the charm!
    BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
    BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
    BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d
  • I signed up for one month back in February when our daycare was closed for 7 days.  I posted that I needed someone temporary and got a lot of responses.  In the end, I decided to use a friend of a friend who had a lot of nannying experience & because honestly, I didn't want to have to go interview people.

If you do sign up - defintely do a search for promo codes.  I swear I just got a 30% off code via email, but now I can't find it anywhere!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't but a friend of mine and my cousin both have and had positive experiences.  My friend found her nanny on there and my cousin found her babysitter on there.
  • I've been hired for two separate nanny positions from Care. Both families hired multiple people and said some were weird but I think that's to be expected. One family had a lot of flakes, the other didn't. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"