Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anybody else's episiotomy stitches itching?

Does anybody else have stitch itch? How long does it take for the stitches to dissolve?

Re: Anybody else's episiotomy stitches itching?

• Lurking :) I had a second degree tear, it took about 3-4 weeks before the itching stopped. Have you tried tucks pads on the stitches? It will help instantly. You can change out as needed. 

BFP #1 - BFP #2 - Blog
    <3 and Luck to my BFPB StephK!!- Emma is here!!

• I didn't have an episiotomy or stitches this time around, but I did have a few very minor tears.  They started itching a bit right before they completely healed.  I second PP about the tucks pads.

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Loading the player...
  • imagechrismo1013:
    I didn't have an episiotomy or stitches this time around, but I did have a few very minor tears.  They started itching a bit right before they completely healed.  I second PP about the tucks pads.

OT... Am I reading your sig correctly? You had 2u1? Woohoo! 

BFP #1 - BFP #2 - Blog

• imageBonitaKaz:

imagechrismo1013:
    I didn't have an episiotomy or stitches this time around, but I did have a few very minor tears.  They started itching a bit right before they completely healed.  I second PP about the tucks pads.

Yup!  I'm crazy lol, but I'm loving it so far!  I see you are not too far away from that yourself!  Good luck :)

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• imagechrismo1013:
    imageBonitaKaz:

imagechrismo1013:

Yup!  I'm crazy lol, but I'm loving it so far!  I see you are not too far away from that yourself!  Good luck :)

Thanks! I go back and forth in being excited and thinking I must be crazy lol :) 

BFP #1 - BFP #2 - Blog

• I had a 1st degree tear and it was majorly itching when it was near the end of healing.

I also ran into an issue of it not fully healing so I had to have a peice burned off though so that inhibited my healing process.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kdjuddkdjudd member
    Mine itched a little bit when they were dissolving, but that only lasted a few days. It takes about 10 days for the stitches to dissolve completely. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"