June 2011 Moms
Options

Walking

Anyone else have a LO that is not walking yet? She will walk holding on to furniture and a little when holding our hands but not on her own. She still will not stand on her own with out holding onto something. I know it can happen at anytime but for some reason I really want her to walk.

Re: Walking

• Options

My LO wouldn't let go of our hand for months.  I think she was walking around everywhere just holding on to one hand by 9 months but decided that was fine by her for the longest time.  Just a couple weeks shy of 12 months, she stood on her own and walked about 11 steps all in the same day.  After that, she decided it wasn't that exciting and went back to holding our hand all the time :)

Then a couple weeks after that day, she started just completely walking on her own all time time.  Don't worry....your LO will surprise you and go from 0 to 60 all in one day and never look back!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    cvl105cvl105 member
    Not walking unassisted here. I wouldn't worry about it. They're just a year old...it's still early.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Emma just started this week at 13.5 months but it's still nothing consistent. People had been saying she was "soooo close" for 2 months but I knew it'd be in her own time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options
    Don't encourage it! Ha. My LO started at 8 months and can now run. Ugh. Exhausted!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Nope, Reed isn't walking yet either. He's great at cruising on furniture and holding our hand and walking, but the minute we let go, he panics and squats right down to crawl.

• Options
    DD doesn't walk yet, either. She cruises around by holding onto furniture and will *sometimes* take a few steps if we hold her hands.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    No walking here and I'm in no rush to hit that milestone! He's doing better and better with cruising and will stand up to 10 seconds without holding onto anything. I'm sure it will be any day now, but again, I'm in no rush!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think my DD learned to walk because we helped her. If your LO can take a few steps, even two, between you and YH, try doing that. My DD really liked walking between us because I think she felt safe since we were there to catch her. Slowly, we moved farther and farther apart until one day she realized she was walking! Then we started backing away from her when she would walk towards us and poof! We had a walker :-)

• Options
    No walking here!  The only time I wish he would is when we are somewhere and he wants to go down but it is unsuitable for crawling.  Like Target!
    image. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    No walking here, DD cruises like a champ, but still no crawling, she pulls up and.walks around using the furniture. We're also waiting for physical therapy to start, but at this rate she'll be walking independently.
  • Options
    DD just started walking like a week ago.  Before that she would take a step or two by herself and she got really good at standing unassisted- but it took her about a month after those first steps to actually walk across the room.  Now she's getting more steady every day!  I was anxious for her to start too.  Don't worry, it can happen really fast.
    DSC_1342
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

DD is 13.5 months.  She's not walking either.  Just today she got really good at going from sitting to standing up w/o holding onto anything and she took one tiny step toward DH, but that is it.  I think it will still take her a while to take some more steps and be confidently walking.

She has no desire to walk holding on to our hands--she'll just let go and crawl.

• Options
    Not yet.  She will hold on to something - objects, us, whatever.  She has recently started standing solo (and each time she does she gets this look on her face like "oh ish...what did I do???").
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Only a couple steps here and there here and he was pulling up and starting to cruise around 8 months. I think he just knows he can get around faster if he speed crawls. Haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Not walking here either.  She loves to walk holding one finger, she's not even really holding on, but the min i take my hand away she sits.  Its actually amusing at this point.  I'm in no rush for her to be running around but my back is killing me.

photo a1c2c501-51d6-4155-bc5d-e15072d2426d_zps1135e754.jpg 

**Siggy Challenge What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives**

• Options

Not yet here.  She cruises all day, will take a couple of steps from one couch to the next, can stand her self up in the middle of the room and stay standing for 20 or so seconds, will walk while holding your hand, but won't walk on her own.

All in due time. :) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My LO will be 13 mo in a couple days and he is not walking yet. I thought for sure that he would be walking by a year b/c he was crawling at 7 mo, then pulling to stand and cruising shortly after. He will walk with hands held and behind a push toy, but no independent walking yet. He will stand for awhile if he's holding a toy, but he's really cautious and once he realizes he's standing by himself, he sinks down. I'm not worried yet, developmentally, b/c I know he has time, but I really want him to walk also!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"