North Carolina Babies

New job!! Our prayers answered but bittersweet

If you guys remember that I had an interview at 36 weeks pregnant  with a large financial company.  The job seemed interesting and right up my alley.

7 weeks later I get a job offer! The sweet: pay is good, my commute would shrink in half, and we can move closer to DH's job once our lease in our current place is up.  the bitter: I would have to cut my maternity leave 6 weeks shorter and leave my 6 week old to be taken care of by someone other than me. 

I accepted the offer, I'm just a little sad I have to leave my little guy so young.  The only good thing is my mom is coming to take care of Lucas for 6 weeks so that he doesn't have to go to daycare so young.  She is going to be a huge help!

Thanks girls for the e-support!

ps: for those that are my friends on FB, please keep it quite, giving my 2 week notice on Friday.

Re: New job!! Our prayers answered but bittersweet

• Yes very bittersweet! I too went through that with Andrew, had to leave him at 5weeks and 6days! But I worked my way back in the office, maybe they could do that with you in some form. 

Long shot but you could ask. Sounds like it will all work out in the end but Im sure it will be hard. Hugs!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats on the job!  Whoo-Hoo!  Bittersweet as it is, it'll be worth it in the long run. 
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!

It sounds like in the long run it will be great so that is fantastic! 

And yay for mom coming :)

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay for the new job and better situation all around for you guys! And yay that your mom can come and help out for those 6 weeks!! That'll help make the transition better I'm sure.
  • Congrats!  It does suck you have to go back so soon, but having your mom there to help those first 6 weeks is awesome!  It'll all be worth it in the end.  GL!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!! I know about hating to cut maternity leave short... I had everything in line to take off 3 months at my last job before I got laid off, and now I only can financially take 6 weeks at my new job, though they've told me I can take as long as I need.
  • Definitely bittersweet!  But so great your mom can come and watch the baby for the 2nd 6 weeks before he starts daycare!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations! Good luck with your new job. 
    TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

• congrats on the new job and glad your mom can come help!!
  • Congrats on the new job, that is wonderful news! And that is great your mom can help out, yay! Best of luck to you!
  • I'm glad to hear you got an offer you were hoping for!  It's nice your mom will be able to help out before he has to go to DC. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"