3rd Trimester
Options

What is this pain??

Hi ladies,

I don't know if anyone is feeling this. Every morning, after I go back to bed (I usually wake up at 5:30 am to pack DH's lunch and snacks for the day, and to spend a little time with him, because he's been working crazy hours lately) I lay on my side as I'm supposed to do, and sleep a couple more hours. Problem is I have been turning on my back, not completely flat, usually I find myself laying on my back on top of a pillow. Whenever this happens and I try to turn to my side again, I feel a sharp pain all the way up (next to my ribs).

What could it be? Is it the baby there? I've felt some movement up there already. When I feel this pain, I quickly return to the same position (on my back), then slowly change to my side.

Am I the only one feeling this??

TIA

Re: What is this pain??

• Options
    When I was pg with dd. if I laid on my right side my dd would lay right on a nerve in my hip, it would feel like a jolt of electricity every single time. I have not had it this way so I think it was just her position. I wonder if your baby is laying in a nerve that is hit when you lay on your back. That would be my guess. I told my midwife about this and her half joking reply was well don't lay like that. In all honestly all you can do is avoid the Ackward position I think. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"