Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Sodium and table foods

How much do you worry about LO's sodium intake? Especially as try graduate to eating more of what you eat? All of the baby books have me paranoid about ANY added salt but it's hard to avoid. We don't use all that much of it in cooking but it is hidden in so many condiments/seasonings. At what point do you stop worrying about it so much?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Sodium and table foods

• I don't worry TOO much about this.  I don't salt DDs veggies, and I don't usually give her processed food except for puffs.  I don't really give her condiments, either.  In general I do my best to make sure she gets good nutrition, but I feel like I can't worry about every little thing, either.  I pick the battles to get through the day :)

• I add spices to his portions of veggies instead of salt.  He loves garlic.  However, I do give him some processed things (like spinach nuggets).  Basically, I am just mindful.  But, I don't avoid it 100%.
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I don't salt any of DD's food that is made at home.  But if it's in something that I have already made for all of us (like chili), then I choose not to worry about it.  At restaurants, anything goes.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My dr. told me to apply my common sense and use by best judgement.

Anything I know that is ridiculously high in salt I avoid givin her. As for the rest, her diet is so varied that I try to balance it all by the end of the day.

• I am a bit extreme I guess! I don't give him anything with sodium except for things like bread and cheese. I cook him separate meat, avoid processed seasonings and salt and sugar...I don't even give him jam but mash up berries instead...maybe I'm being a little too uptight! 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"