December 2010 Moms
Options

Waah...why is this lamp so expensive?

$150!!! This would go so perfectly in the new nursery. Think I can make something similar?  WIth a regular lamp and a gear of some sort? Help me out, crafty bumpies! I hear that one of you in particular is oh so crafty...

p.s. Sorry for being a PW today...I guess I'm not used to having this much time on my hands. Yay summer! 

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg

Re: Waah...why is this lamp so expensive?

• Options

I remeber looking at cool lamps when I was doing P's room.  I was floored.  We ended up buying a regular ol' lamp @ IKEA.  

That one is exceptionally awesome though!

• Options

hmmmm, reminds me of kinex gears...you could glue some plastic gears onto a regular lamp and spray paint it bronze color....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is so cool! I think it may be worth the splurge :) Sorry, I'm an enabler.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagetiffanyp:
    That is so cool! I think it may be worth the splurge :) Sorry, I'm an enabler.

This.  I'm no help either!  But seriously, this lamp isn't a baby lamp so you could really use it for years and years and he wouldn't outgrow it. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I found the most awesome lamp for G's nursery but it was super expensive, too.  I ended up not getting it and found some cheapo thing at Target.  I kinda wish I had bought the cool one.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    DIY gear lamp: cheaplamp with simple design.  Go to a bike shop and you can buy a gear(s) in different sizes (that make the chain go around).  Paint it/them any color(s) you want (like your awesome orange accent color) and glue it/them to the lamp.  Done - an probably for a lot less than $150 :)
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagedee12807:
    DIY gear lamp: cheaplamp with simple design.  Go to a bike shop and you can buy a gear(s) in different sizes (that make the chain go around).  Paint it/them any color(s) you want (like your awesome orange accent color) and glue it/them to the lamp.  Done - an probably for a lot less than $150 :)

Awesome idea!

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    imagepitterpatter129:

hmmmm, reminds me of kinex gears...you could glue some plastic gears onto a regular lamp and spray paint it bronze color....

Thats exactly what I was thinking! You could totally make that. :-) 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"