Baby Showers

not having a baby shower

This is my first baby, I am not sure if I'm going to have a baby shower. My family lives far away, and to be sincere I don't feel like throwing a party for the people I know here. I know that women are very sensitive when pregnant but, I had some thrust issues with a friend and a co-worker and don't feel like inviting them. I think I'll just keep the money and have a babymoon before the baby is born, I would like to enjoy my fiance a little bit. Any advices?

Lili

Re: not having a baby shower

• You definitely shouldn't throw your own shower. Either someone offers to throw one for you, or you don't have one. 

I do think spending some money on a babymoon with your fianc? is a great idea. Eh and I went on a tropical vacation last winter and it was wonderful.  

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with the previous posts that you should not throw yourself a shower.  however, I would like to add that you should go ahead and make a registry.  Most of the time stores will offer a discount on the items "not purchased for the event".  And if nothing else it can serve as a check list of what you need for baby.

A babymoon sounds like a wonderful idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Loading the player...
  • My shower is on Sunday and I didn't want one at all but got talked into it since I only want 1 baby and this would be my only chance.. I don't speak to a lot of my family and my friends and dh's fmaily lives out of state.. I would rather spend the afternoon at home with dh since he works so much rather than some place I'd rather not be all afternoon.. At least dh will be there with me..+

I say hang on to your $$ and spend it pampering yourself

image BabyName Ticker
  • eav2ceav2c member
    Don't throw your own shower as from the sounds of it you are/were actually considering it. If you don't have a shower it's really NBD. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagegraciesmurf:

I agree with the previous posts that you should not throw yourself a shower.  however, I would like to add that you should go ahead and make a registry.  Most of the time stores will offer a discount on the items "not purchased for the event".  And if nothing else it can serve as a check list of what you need for baby.

A babymoon sounds like a wonderful idea.

Exactly this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you guys for all the replies and good advice.

Lili
  • when you think about it all the money you spend on food and a hall and everything else, it will all add up to whhat you spent  unless**** you have it at home or have it at a family's house! you dont really need all the crazy things first hand like highchairs and toys and what not, crib,bibs,diapers and wipes and little thing like that if money is a concern get little by little, or go find a near consignment shop and trade you unused items!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"