Multiples
Options

Biracial twins on Dr. Drew

Did anyone see Dr. Drew's Lifechangers yesterday?  He had on as guests a pair of biracial twins from London (white mom, black dad).  One was "white" and the other was "black."  (that's how the package introduced them, but once you observed them it was easy to see that the "white" twin had some kind of ethnic background). They actually looked a lot alike, especially when they were young, except for the coloring.  The show also kind of made a deal about how one twin was gay and the other was straight.  

I just thought it was interesting!  I know that with fraternal twins, they technically don't have to look alike, any more than any other siblings and was just wondering, if you have fraternals, how different do they look/behave?

Re: Biracial twins on Dr. Drew

• Options

I think I read about these twins before (both girls, right?). If I remember correctly, both parents were biracial. It is pretty crazy seeing the way genetics works, right?

Our twins look like siblings (similar coloring aside from their eyes) but their personalities are different. Amelia is more dominant and aggressive and you definitely know when she wants something while Owen is more passive and will go with the flow. 

Sleeping

Head on view with big brotherimageETA: I'm white and my husband is Puerto Rican with very tan skin.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Options

Our boys looked a lot alike in the beginning but are definitely getting more distinguishable features.  I'm white and my husband is half Hispanic. One is pretty pale like me and our other boy has a more golden complexion.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my twins on the 11th of this month. They are bi racial too. My son is a lot darker then my daughter. She is almost white .. like white white like me! He is dark but not as dark as his dad. When you put them next to each other he looks really dark compared to her! It's funny though the boy looks just like daddy and the girl looks just like me!   =)  We had this nurse in the NICU who was chinese and she didn't appear to think things out before she said them .. she told us "you have one black one white" as she was pointing to the babies. With how she said it we could not help but to crack up laughing. She was right though .. they don't look too much alike! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    ever since I have gotten pregnant with twins.. people keep asking me about this.  One person actually asked me would I be upset if one came out completely "white" and the other completely "black".  I side eyed her and said it would be an honor..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've only seen 3D pics of my babies so far. But from that they look really similar except b has way bigger lips. Our other 2 boys have been really light skinned and our daughter is very fair. Everyone always seems surprised to find out they all are Italian/Brazilian/ and black. Usually my genes are more dominate but from the 3D pics he might for once get at least 1 child that looks like him. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Landry looks more like me and Hudson looks nothing like my H or I.  : )
  • Options

My girls are biracial and identical with completely different personalities.

Kind of silly of the show to make a big deal about gay/straight.  What's that got to do with twins at all?  People are weird.  And Dr. Drew is a doctor?  Or is this just a talk show?  I'm sorry to ask.  I don't watch a lot of TV, so I've never heard of the show. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I watched a Baby Story before where a lesbian couple did IUI 2 days in a row with 2 different sperm donors....1 black, 1 white.  They were having twins too.  I wish for the life of me I knew how it tuned out.  I get and support them doing IUI, but why in the world would you want to have 2 babies, twins, half siblings, 1 black, 1 white on purpose???   
  • Options

Our girls look nothing alike. One's MH's clone with blonde hair and blue eyes, and the other one looks exactly like I did as a child, with brown hair and eyes. She's also much taller than her sister. The nice thing is no one thinks they are twins, so we don't get bothered when we're out in public.

• Options
    MrsLntMrsLnt member
    DS is a good combination of MH and me (mostly my dad). DD is so much like me I don't wonder if I actually gave birth to my own ID twin. Personality wise, DS is laid back and DD is a pepper. They do favor each other enough that I get the "are they ID" question a lot. 
  • Options
    I didn't see that but I had read something about it once upon a time. It's so amazing how this whole process works!
  • Options
    imageKristi1971:

My girls are biracial and identical with completely different personalities.

Kind of silly of the show to make a big deal about gay/straight.  What's that got to do with twins at all?  People are weird.  And Dr. Drew is a doctor?  Or is this just a talk show?  I'm sorry to ask.  I don't watch a lot of TV, so I've never heard of the show. 

Dr. Drew is a real doctor but he is also a tv/radio personality.  He's been on shows like Loveline and Celebrity Rehab and now he has his own show on HLN and also this Lifechangers show.

I think the reason why he brought up the gay/straight thing was to address the nature versus nurture issue, and that this example makes a case for a genetic component to homosexuality.

We go next week to see the babies in 3d and I'm so excited.  My mom and I both think that DS looks like my hubby! Especially from the profile shots we've seen.  I can't wait to see them.  

• Options
    In addition to being a doctor, he is also a father to triplets so I'm sure the stories on multiples touch him a bit on a personal level.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Options

imageMrsCali_Bride:
    In addition to being a doctor, he is also a father to triplets so I'm sure the stories on multiples touch him a bit on a personal level.

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that part.  I didn't know that until I saw it on the show.  I love Dr. Drew.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"