October 2011 Moms
Options

Spoon reject

Li gets purees 3 times a day and we will also give her pasta, fruit, etc and let her feed herself.  In the last few days, she will not let me feed her.  The spoon has become the enemy.  Thank god for pouches.  She seems to only want to eat things that she can feed herself. 

Is anyone elses baby doing this?

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Re: Spoon reject

• Options
    Kind of! I get one or two spoonfuls in and then he steals the spoon from me.

• Options

It's pretty normal. Kids love being independent and doing things for themselves. Unless of course you are really busy and stressed out, then they suddenly need you to do everything.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    She also seems to prefer eating while standing. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    We went through this early on and have had to move on to BLW.  DD will eat at a little purees if we give her the loaded spoon and she does the rest.  So it's an independence thing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagewishful thinkin:
    S is a lazy eater. He rather me feed him vs feeding himself but he gives me a hard time. He bites on the spoon, he grabs the spoon and he won't eat unless he has a spoon in his hand as well.

This is L, too... only instead of holding another spoon we just give her a "toy" (usually just a plastic tupperware cover does the trick haha). She likes being able to feed herself and will eat more that way.. although I always keep a grip on the spoon so she doesn't shove the whole thing down her throat!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    E only does pur?es once a day because she would much rather feed herself.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJazzym12:
    E only does pur?es once a day because she would much rather feed herself.

She'll hold the pouches so I bought a few Beaba Babypotes because I have a ton of jarred food. 

• Options

imageMackalien13:
     Haven't you heard? Pouches mean you are a lazy mom.

Meh, happens. 

• Options
    DS has no interest in feeding himself right now.
    Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"