Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Soy Milk

DS will be 1 in a little over a month (OMG!) and of course we'll be weaning to regular milk. I personally HATE regular milk, so I asked the pedi about maybe giving DS soy milk instead. She said it was fine as long as I give him the one fortified with calcium. I just don't (and never did really) like the idea of milk. Humans are the only mammals that drink the milk of another mammal. I dunno I'm probably just being dumb and will end up giving him whole milk anyway, but I was wondering if anyone else had experience with giving their DC soy milk instead of cow's milk.?

Re: Soy Milk

• Options
    ask the girls in the eco board. they are more likely to find cow milk supplements.
  • Options

DS will only drink soy milk. We buy him Silk Very Vanilla for kids. Its great and more fortified than whole milk. We will likely give dd the same.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are going to be giving DS soy milk.  He had a milk allergy that I thought he outgrew, but once we switched him to whole milk he started having frequent loose stools (3-6/day!).  We are going to try soy milk for now and hopefully go back to cow's milk around 18-24 months.  (I love milk, though.)
    My 2 boys!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"