December 2010 Moms
Options

Back to the Future- today is the day!

Remember when they set the Delorian to a day in the future? Well, it was today! Aren't we old?!

Re: Back to the Future- today is the day!

• Options
    PS- and anyone who is all, "Back to the future? Did that come out before I was born?" gets booted off the board.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageIncogNeato:
    PS- and anyone who is all, "Back to the future? Did that come out before I was born?" gets booted off the board.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

::pushes up nerd glasses::

I don't think that's right, unfortunately. The date they travel to is October 21st, 2015. I remember because 10/21 is my brother's birthday and he loves the movie and points it out every single time we watch it! 

I'm not sure where today's date came from. Sorry to be a party pooper!!! :-(

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options

Oh, did I forget to mention that I currently exist in October 2015 and I just came back in time to post this?

I guess I wasn't clear.

Stupid hoaxers. I'm totally trying this again in 3.5 years....

• Options
    imageIncogNeato:

Oh, did I forget to mention that I currently exist in October 2015 and I just came back in time to post this?

I guess I wasn't clear.

Its okay. I appreciate your appreciation for BTTF. You're a cool kid in my book. lol

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

• Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:
    imageIncogNeato:

I guess I wasn't clear.

Its okay. I appreciate your appreciation for BTTF. You're a cool kid in my book. lol

What can I say? I come from a long line of engineers- grandpa, dad, husband, etc. I might as well wear a shirt that says "Nerd alert."

I also rock at Star Trek and Harry Potter trivia.

• Options
    imageIncogNeato:
    imageOhSewCrafty:
    imageIncogNeato:

I guess I wasn't clear.

What can I say? I come from a long line of engineers- grandpa, dad, husband, etc. I might as well wear a shirt that says "Nerd alert."

I also rock at Star Trek and Harry Potter trivia.

Yes

My Dad wasn't an engineer, but he sure was a nerd. I haven't seen Dirty Dancing, but I've seen all of the Star Trek movies. 

• Options
    Scifi nerds unite!  I'll join in Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, etc conversations any day.  
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options

I love BTF, but I am more of a skeptic than anything else, which made the first thought to pop in my head be, "is that fake?

My dad majored in Chemical Engineering & went on to be computer programmer...like when one computer was the size of an entire room, lol. That's him on the left. Yeah man.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Whew! I'm glad it is a hoax. They still have 3 years to work on the hovering skateboard.

• Options
    lrn327lrn327 member
    imagebosha711:

I love BTF, but I am more of a skeptic than anything else, which made the first thought to pop in my head be, "is that fake?

My dad majored in Chemical Engineering & went on to be computer programmer...like when one computer was the size of an entire room, lol. That's him on the left. Yeah man.

Wow, that's pretty cool actually! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kj07kj07 member

I lure me my nerd stuff.

I'm now feeling all nostalgic for  80s movie nerddom like BTTF plus Sneakers and Real Genius. Oh, and War Games.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    kj07kj07 member
    Also thanks for alerting me to the hoax before I lost nerd points from my DH.  BTTF is one of his favorite movies.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:

I don't think that's right, unfortunately. The date they travel to is October 21st, 2015. I remember because 10/21 is my brother's birthday and he loves the movie and points it out every single time we watch it! 

I was totally about to nerd out with you and go, "no no no, it's 2015!!!" (I remember they all ended in 5's)

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    imagelrn327:
    imagebosha711:

Thanks! The pic was from a brochure for the chemical company he used to work at. My mom came across it while going through an old filing cabinet. It's a pretty cool memento to have!

Wow, that's pretty cool actually! 

• Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:

Nerd for the win! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Too bad it wasn't June 27th...'cause it's a great day! =)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

image--halo--:
    Scifi nerds unite!  I'll join in Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, etc conversations any day.  

YES AND MORE YES. Can we be BFFs?

• Options
    ::runs in to join in on the nerd love, runs back out:: :-)
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I could tell you that it wasn't today... we don't have flying cars that run on garbage, hoverboards, self drying clothes, Nikes that auto-lace and the Cubs are most definitely NOT winning the World Series this year, so obviously we aren't to that point of the future.  Outside of the Cubs, those scientists better get cracking, that is a lot of work on in just 3 1/2 years.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:

image--halo--:

FRACK YES!  When's the first meeting of the bump nerd club? 

I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options
    image--halo--:
    imageOhSewCrafty:

image--halo--:

Is there really going to be a club?  Sweet!  Can I join too??  Big Smile
  • Options
    imagesofamonkey:
    image--halo--:
    imageOhSewCrafty:

image--halo--:

Is there really going to be a club?  Sweet!  Can I join too??  Big Smile

I'm going to say that the first meeting was yesterday, when I began this thread. Until next time, meeting adjourned! See you next week, lovely lady nerds! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"