October 2011 Moms
Options

Holy Crap BFP!

This morning I got a BFP!  I'm still kind of shocked because I really didn't think it was going to happen.  I am nursing/pumping a total of 6 times per day and haven't had a period since my first pregnancy.  I started taking OPKs about 2 months ago because I had a bunch that were going to expire and I got a positive test around the 18th.  Low and behold, 10 days later I got my BFP.  We definitely wanted this but I am still sort of shocked!

I am going to see my family today for the weekend and I am hoping to be able to tell them in person.  We'll see. I hate telling them so early but I won't see them again until Nov so it's basically now or over the phone in 2-3 months.  What do you guys think?  Tell this weekend or wait? 

image   image
We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3

Re: Holy Crap BFP!

• Options
    Congrats!  I hope to be joining you with a BFP in a few months.  :)
  • Options

Congratulations! What a great surprise.

Whether or not to tell is up to you, of course. Will your family notice that you aren't drinking, are acting strange, etc?  

I live hours away from my family and told over the phone and would personally feel more comfortable waiting and doing that than telling early.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

YAY! Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you!

I don't have any advice on telling people. I was an early teller both times and I never had to untell anyone. I just plain suck at keeping secrets.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yay!  Congrats!  I would tell them, but it's up to you.  We told our parents and siblings the day we got BFP.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    imagepearblossom:

I don't have any advice on telling people. I was an early teller both times and I never had to untell anyone. I just plain suck at keeping secrets.

I do too, I am dreading keeping this to myself all weekend.  I am definitely telling my mom, I am just a bit up in the air about my 4 siblings.  There will be a lot of fake drinking in my future!

image   image
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    imagepearblossom:

I do too, I am dreading keeping this to myself all weekend.  I am definitely telling my mom, I am just a bit up in the air about my 4 siblings.  There will be a lot of fake drinking in my future!

image   image
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    Bump burp
    image   image
  • Options
    LCassLCass member

Congratulations!

If you will find it hard to keep it a secret and they're people you're close to and would turn to if there were bad news, tell away and enjoy the happy reactions!  I told friends earlier than I wanted to last pregnancy because I wanted to tell them in person and wouldn't be seeing them again for quite a while.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    Congrats!!!  H &H 9 months to you!
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    Congrats!
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options

Congratulations, what wonderful news!  Too bad you will have to wait to try the bottles I gave you Wink

• Options
    btsrc5btsrc5 member

Congratulations!!! 

I agree, if you are comfortable telling them this early, go for it!

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Congrats!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's wonderful news! Congratulations! I personally wouldn't tell this early. I'd wait at least until I had confirmation from a doctor. That's just me, though. We had a bad experience where DH told his cousin that he's really close with, and swore her to secrecy, just incase something went wrong. Within two days his entire extended family knew. I was livid. If you are telling close family, and know they will keep it a secret, though, I don't see the harm in telling them now. It's much nicer to be able to tell people in person.
  • Options

Congrats!!

I am awful at keeping secrets and told my family the day I got my BFP when I was pg with Rhys. So I would tell them!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Wow! Congratulations! That's fantastic! If you feel good about telling them, go for it!

• Options

imagewishful thinkin:
    I would tell them. I look at it like this: if something was to happen I would want and need support from my family so I'm ok with telling my family early on..

Congratulations!! As for telling/not telling, I agree with wishful.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Congrats!!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options

woot woot!!! fab news Big Smile

Cant advise you when to share the news - far too personal a decision.

For me personally, I always err on the side of caution. Im not telling mine until 12 maybe 16 weeks at the earliest.

• Options
    Congrats, that is awesome! As for telling, it really depends on you relationship with family. I wouldn't, but that is about family issues and fear of having to untell. Whatever you decide, I am happy for you and hope you have a good pregnancy!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congrats on your BFP!

I know that most people wait to tell, but I sort of have the opposite opinion. If something were to happen (God forbid and knock on wood), I'd need the support and encouragement of my family. So I told my closest friends and family right away. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!! I would wait to tell family.
  • Options
    Congratulations!  That is so exciting!  If it were me, I'd tell the family soon in person but we are very close.  Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

• Options
    Congrats!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jwls84jwls84 member
    Congratulations!! That is so exciting! I waited to tell my mom till 12 weeks with B, I plan to tell my mom way sooner this time so I would tell! Good luck with whatever you decide!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CA2006CA2006 member
    Congrats!! Tell this weekend.  You would tell your family if something happened anyway, right? That was always my determining factor with regard to who to tell and not tell.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!!  That is so exciting!! Big Smile
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    congrats!!!!!! :)

• Options

Congratulations!

I would wait to tell, but that is just the type of person I am.  If you feel comfortable, let them in on the excitement!

• Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"