October 2011 Moms
Options

Genetics Results and AW

The genetics counselor called this week to let us know they had the results of Lo's blood and urine tests. She still has a build up methymalonic acid in her urine but not enough of whatever they were looking for in her blood to diagnose her. She explained that it could be because a lot of times it is something that flares up when the body is in distress (which could be why she was so sick in December because her weight was so extreme and she had a URI) so they might have to wait until she gets sick again to diagnose her, and because we are supplementing/fortifying with the formula they would use as a treatment for the issue. The doctor had told us this at the appointment so I was kind of expecting it but it is still super frustrating because I just want to know for sure what the problem is. They are mailing us and her other doctors copies of the results and sending a new requisition form. They want to repeat all the labwork in 6 weeks to try to get a pattern. They are also sending us forms and documents that we have to keep and if (the genetics counselor said when) she gets sick again we have to give them to the doctor/hospital so they will requisiton certain tests and send them out to be processed and sent back to the geneticist.

This is her at her favorite spot, the pool! She's still not quite 15 pounds but her watermelon head is in the 80%.

View Raw Image' jQuery1340892864633="36">

Re: Genetics Results and AW

• Options
    It all still sounds so frustrating for y'all but on the bright side, she looks wonderful! Hopefully she continues doing well! That pic of her is too cute.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What a little cutie!  I hope you get some answers soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Aww she looks great! And so happy! It must be very frustrating to keep having to go back and forth to the doctors, I will be hoping that they can diagnose her soon to ease your mind :-)

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

That picture is so adorable!

I'm sorry you don't have a solid answer, yet, but I'm glad they have a plan for future testing. Thinking of your family.

• Options
    I know its tough to not have answers, but it sounds like your doc is really trying. She is beautiful!
  • Options
    imagecantalopes24:
    This is her at her favorite spot, the pool! She's still not quite 15 pounds but her watermelon head is in the 80%.

She is beautiful!

• Options
    btsrc5btsrc5 member
    I am sorry they weren't able to give you any answers... but yay for Lo doing so well!  She is adorable

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    And it would appear she still has the legs of a supermodel.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How frustrating...

Is that a Carter's bathing suit?  We have that one.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

imageblu-eyedwife:
    And it would appear she still has the legs of a supermodel.

LMAO! That and her blue eyes are the only things she gets from me.

• Options

awe she's adorable!!!!

I can only imagine how frustrating it is waiting for answers/results.  We had genetic testing done on both DH and I after Wyatt and it was the worst waiting!  Hope you get answers soon! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options
    CA2006CA2006 member

ETA: wrong thread! Oops

• Options
    CA2006CA2006 member
    She is absolutely precious!  I am sorry you didn't get definitive answers, but it sounds like things are on track, at least. Thank you for sharing a pic!!
  • Options
    vitanvitan member
    Adorable! and that bathing suit is cute to boot. :o) No answers is frustrating but hope you get something sooner rather than later.
    Visit The Nest!Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 - 11/16/10 CP 12/1/10
    Our team green turned into team pink! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 17dpo - 47, 19dpo - 114 Chart
  • Options
    She's beautiful, I wish I could wear red that well
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    She is cute as a button. I hope you guys will find some answers soon. Glad they work with you.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Gosh it?s been sooo long since I saw a piccy of your LO - and wow!!! how far she has come :-)

Ive thought about her often and wished you all well.

So pleased to see her looking this good xx

• Options
    What a beautiful little girl!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That's a gorgeous pic!  It sounds like she is doing really well lately with all her eating, crawling and climbing and actually making it on the growth curves.  I am sorry that you still don't have definitive answers.  But in a way, I guess they ruled out some more serious issues like OI that you mentioned ? 

• Options
    Lopes, Lola is so beautiful!  Sorry they weren't able to give you more information.
  • Options

Lo is so, so cute!! She looks very happy playing in that pool.

Sorry that the "results" were so frustrating. Our geneticst said that Abby has "features" of a genetic syndrome, but never said YES! she has it. Even though it is written in all her medical records that she does have the syndrome and it is obvious that she does.

Since you didn't get an official diagnosis, does that mean that EI services are still on hold? If so, I wonder if the geneticst would be willing to give a "preliminary" diagnosis, so that you could get set up with EI services (assuming you still want/need EI services).

While I don't ever want Lo to get sick, if she does, I hope the results of the testing come back and give you a definitive on a diagnosis.

The main point is, though, that Lo looks healthy and happy!!

• Options
    Omgoodness she is so stinking cute!!!!! 
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"