Trying to Get Pregnant

:::mandee:::

Just curious, have you and DH considered surrogacy at all?  I know someone who, due to medication they need to take pretty much the rest of her life, will not be able to carry a child.  They are freezing embryos in the hopes to use a surrogate in the future.  Always another option (if $$$ allow) for a biological child.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: :::mandee:::

• Ya know, I actually have never thought of that. I just asked my husband what he thought of that and he said no..He wont give me a reason he just said no.  Hmmmm Im intrigued to hear his reasoning behind that.  I guess I can talk to him more about it but I have no idea what the whole surrogacy involves as far as the legalities of it.  But thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it.  I do have 8 sisters, I wonder if any of them would do it for me.
  • imageskinnursemandee:
    Ya know, I actually have never thought of that. I just asked my husband what he thought of that and he said no..He wont give me a reason he just said no.  Hmmmm Im intrigued to hear his reasoning behind that.  I guess I can talk to him more about it but I have no idea what the whole surrogacy involves as far as the legalities of it.  But thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it.  I do have 8 sisters, I wonder if any of them would do it for me.

OMG..I would do it for either of my sisters in a heartbeat!!! Or any of my GFs!! I would talk to DH about it and do some research. Seems like a good option to have.

• Loading the player...
  • Well I'm glad I could offer up another idea, just to remind of the options that are out there.  I know I'm pretty early in the TTC game, but if after a long time things weren't happening I'd probably consider surrogacy myself. 

And wow-it sounds like you have a lot of potential carriers there!  Not to mention all the girls on this board who'd probably volunteer for you! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ugh my husband wont even talk about it....its odd!  He has no problem with IVF or Adoption but the whole surrogacy thing, he just said he does not want to discuss it.  That is the first time in TTC that he was totally against anything.  However, he can not support his decision with any reasons why he is against it.  I guess I can look into it and give him the info and talk to my sisters about it.  Then present my case to him.
  • 8 sisters! How awesome!

If we were to use a surrogate, it would have to be someone we knew. But that's also something I could never ask someone to do for me! So.. catch 22.

I read a really great blog written by a woman who used a gestational surrogate. (Meaning another woman carried an embryo created with her egg and her husband's sperm, as opposed to a traditional surrogate where an embryo is created with the surrogate's egg - or a donor egg.)

It's here: https://toplanb.blogspot.com/

• The idea of a surrogate is amazing. I will say though that my bff has medical issues that made it difficult for her to concieve so they went with the option to adopt. Well just about 2 months ago they were called and have my BEAUTIFUL goddaughter and they wouldnt have it any other way! So either option is really amazing because you are creating a loving family. GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"