Stay at Home Moms
Options

If youre bored..help me with a grocery list

We are going away for a week for the 4th with another family and I need help with a grocery list. I am also responsible for a dinner and a breakfast. What stuff would you bring to cook/bbq and what would you make for the group for those 2 meals? I suppose Costco woud definitely be a necessary trip to make too
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If youre bored..help me with a grocery list

• Options

I would do some pork or beef BBQ sandwiches (I make my own spicy BBQ sauce) for the dinner and maybe a breakfast casserole of some type. Salad of any sort is always a huge go-to for me or a nice summer dessert. I am making fruit salsa with cinnamon chips for the 4th.

A lot would depend on the types of food in general you all like and how many people will be there. When I cook for a group, anywhere between 6 to 30 people I make my own marinade and cook a brisket (or several) in crockpots or the BBQ sandwiches. Then I will have salad, rolls and maybe a potato of some sort or a potato salad. I went to a cookout one time and someone had brought a salad that they had put a bag of thawed frozen corn in and it was SOOO freakin good! GL!

ETA: I do A LOT of roasted potatoes!! They are easy and I found a recipe on Pinterest that is awesome!

April '14 Siggy Challenge:

god damn you're so effing cute gifimage

• Options

For breakfast, I would do a strata and fruit.  For dinner, maybe lasagna and salad?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

For breakfast I would do a breakfast casserole or two plus some fresh fruit.

For dinner I would do tacos with fixings or grill hamburgers with corn on the cob, and the typical sides.... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"