Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Is this baby item worth it?

A cowoarker bought this for her last baby, and she loves it.   She asked me if I wanted it.  She is going to sell it to me for $100.  I don't mind spending the cash, but is the item worth getting. 

I already have a swing and a bouncer from my last baby, but this looks like it would really save on space (especially now with P's toys all over the main floor of our house.  And traveling with it might be easier too??

What do you girls think?

https://www.albeebaby.com/4moms-mamaroo-silver-plush.html?utm_source=Google_Products&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=GoogleProducts&gclid=CKDHzaHF7rACFbEBQAodCUt2uQ

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is this baby item worth it?

• Options
    DH and I saw it at BBB this weekend and both of us immediately went "wtf!" lol It looks awesome and I'm sure it works great but for the price it's kinda ridiculous. Maybe we're just jaded bc DS hated the bouncer and the swing so we got no real use out of either. I'd say, for $100 if it's in good condition and you sell your current ones on craigslist id go for it but definitely not at full price.
  • Options
    If you are going to keep the swing and bouncer, I see no use for this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageiluvmylab:
     Exactly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

imageLittleApple:
    imageiluvmylab:
     Exactly.

AGREED!

If you already have those things, why pay for something else?  

• Options
    I've heard it doesn't go fast enough for some babies to be happy in it.  I like the concept but not willing to pay the price for that.  I'm not even willing to pay for the snugabunny swing if the baby likes the bouncer we got as a gift.  Our plan is to see if she likes the bouncer - if yes, then no swing purchase.  If no, we borrow MIL's travel swing she bought and if baby likes that, we get the same one.  If not, then we step it up a notch and get the sungabunny and hope it works.  And of course, I'm checking craigslist!  too bad they don't take gift cards.  LOL!
  • Options
    We bought one off craigslist for $100 but the plan is to use it in place of a bouncer & swing. 
  • Options
    vigurlvigurl member
    We have a swing bouncer and mamaroo.  We used all 3 and LO loved the mamaroo. We used it until he outgrew it at 9 months.
  • Options
    we got ours as a guft- never used yet.  I think it would be awesome.  However my younger 2 kids hated the swing- so I bought a bouncey chair for this baby. I agree with pp IF you have a swing and bouncy chair why buy this
    lolololo
  • Options
    JKTTC1JKTTC1 member
    I really wanted this when he was tiny! He loved car rides and being bounced.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options

We bought one with DS because he was colicky and we were willing to try anything. Not impressed. We took it back... But I'm sure some babies like it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    we have one and DD loves it. sometimes its the only thing that calms her down or puts her to sleep. if you already have a swing and a bouncer though, you won't really need it. we dont have either. also, it doesn't collapse or anything so its not really good to "travel" with unless you have a lot of car space or want to take it all apart/put it back together. and its pretty heavy. good luck!
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DS didn't like that thing at all. It doesn't work anything like a traditional swing and goes very slow.  I know some babies do like it, but if you already have those other things, I wouldn't bother with this.

Ours started making a really loud clacking sound after a few months and luckily the store took it back.

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options

If you replaced a bouncer and swing for it it might be a good option.

My LO's favorite thing in our house is the $30 bouncer we have!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    imageCrazyToast:

imageLittleApple:
    imageiluvmylab:
     Exactly.

AGREED!

If you already have those things, why pay for something else?  

Exactly, you don't need all 3. We only had a bouncer and DS loved just that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"