May 2012 Moms
Options

Napping...

So DD pretty much eats, plays, and naps... I let her sleep for as long as she sleeps. Is that right? Or during the day should I wake her?

Re: Napping...

• Options
    I agree. The better my DS naps the better he sleeps at night and the happier he is when awake. I'd let lo sleep! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I talked to my pedi about this and he said that during the day we need to be feeding LO every 3-4 hours even if it means we have to wak him up from napping.  We make sure that during the day he eats around 6am, 9am, noon, 3pm, 6pm and 9pm (or as needed if he gets hungry earlier) and let him sleep in long stretches at night.  We put him down after his 9pm feeding and he usually sleeps straight through until sometime between 4am-6am.  Hope that helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've been letting her sleep.  It doesn't seem to make any difference in how she sleeps at night so I figure she sleeps when she needs to.  If I were sleeping and someone woke me up, I'd be cranky, so I assume she's the same way.

I wouldn't worry about waking your LO up to eat unless there are weight gain issues. 

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I let my LO sleep for as long as he wants which is never more than 3 hours anyway.  I figure he must need the sleep and I don't want him to be overtired.  If it was an excessive amount of time and close to bedtime I might wake him though. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options
    It depends on the nap for us but that's because ds will nap for four or five hours and then wake up and want to eat too much and I'm engorged so he can and then he's fussy and spitty for hours. If its three hours no once it gets close to four I either have to pump or wake him up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"