Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Back to work:(

Okay, my first day back at work is Tuesday and I'm starting to freak out!  What information did you leave for your daycare provider the first day?  Anything other than burpcloths, bibs, bm, extra outfits, diapers, wipes etc?  Need some advice girls.  And reassurance that it's gonna be okay!  I'm so sad after nearly six months of being home with him.  Tuesday is going to be the worst day of my life I'm sure.  Poor me.

Re: Back to work:(

• I meant to ask what information and what essentials do I need to bring. 
  • On DS's fist day I took diapers, wipes, a blanket, an extra change of clothes, his bottles already made, an extra bag of frozen BM in case they needed more and his paci on a clip.

I let them know kind around what time he usually took naps, even though he was still kind of all over the place. I called every day at lunch for a week to make sure he was doing OK and they were very understanding about that. It'll go just fine for you. The first day was the hardest and once that it over you never have to do that first day ever again. I still don't like to drop DS off, I would rather have DH drop him off and I pick him up. It's much happier that way!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • First, it is going to be ok! ((hugs))

As for essential and info--sounds like you've got supplies covered.  I also send a lovey for Hadley to nap with and a coat, hat, and gloves in case they go outside.  (She doesn't wear a coat because I always take her in her carseat so I forgot that the first day.)

As for info, I just let them know when I would expect Hadley to eat, mine and DH's phone numbers, an emergency contact name and number, her pediatrician's name and #.  I also told them things that Hadley likes (being upright and playing in the exersaucer) and things she dislikes (being held in a cradle hold). 

I hope your return to work goes smoothly!  

• Our daycare gave us a list of what to bring which really made it easy. And I know how hard it is to have been at home with them for awhile and then have to go back to work. I was fortunate enough to be able to stay home with DS for a year and going back was very difficult. I'm not looking forward to going back after only 8wks with DD but it does get easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"