TTC after 35
Options

am I being overboard silly for sleeping next to dog on floor?

So as you girls know I'm watching ollie(in siggy)for 2 weeks. Today after picking up my nieces from camp we came back to my house. I was heading up the steps to my bedrm and let Ollie come. Well he somehow twisted or pulled a muscle in his back leg running up the steps because he was yelping so loud!!

Took him to the vet and just gave him a shot for pain and told me if not better on Fri he needs xrays. I am soo p*ssed that I didn't make them do it then. He wont move from his bed and when he changes positions he still wont put his back leg down. He will be ok right? I'm a nervous wreck over this. I'm tired....its after 10 and I have to be up at 6 for an upper GI in the morning.

MH thinks I'm babying him. He does not know that I put couch cushions on floor next to Ollie and I'm sleeping on them. I am too nervous to be upstairs! Little dogs are too fragile....ugh. I hope he is ok because I WILL be mad if I have to miss Tim Mcgraw/Chesney concert over my bosses dog :) Overreacting??

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
     image   imageimage

Re: am I being overboard silly for sleeping next to dog on floor?

• Options
    Not overreacting at all!  That's what I would have done.  The day before my golden passed away, DH and I spent the night downstairs sleeping on couch cushions next to him to make sure he was as comfortable as possible (he was going into surgery the next day to remove his spleen due to a tumor, turns out he had cancer everywhere so we had to put him down).  I'm so glad we did because that was the last time we got to spend with him.  I hope your pup heals up soon, just make sure he takes it easy.  You'll probably be really tired from lack of sleep but your pup will know that you care and that is all that matters.  I always feel so helpless when a pet is hurt, hugs to your Ollie.

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Options

Sorry about you doggy :(  Ollie is not even mine but I still love him like he's mine! Can't wait to hear what MH says when he comes downstairs and finds me there. Oh well....good night all.

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have two pugs and I agree completely - little dogs are fragile but tough.  This happened to one of my pugs about 6 months I was terrified she pulled some kind of muscle I believe in her lower back but it was related to her back leg - she would yelp when she walked and she wasn't mobile like you are describing Ollie - I took her to the vet too - and she was given a shot too - Ithink it was about a week later before she was back to normal and I don't think you are overreacting at all - I would be very sad if I had to miss Tim McGraw - hope Ollie makes a speedy recovery and you don't miss the concert. :)

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Not overreacting at all.  My dog needed back surgery and was not allowed on the bed for a month.  I slept in a sleeping bag, first by his crate and then by his bed for the whole month.  My dog just had a pulled muscle in his leg a few weeks ago.  He really screamed when I picked him up.  Two days after starting the muscle relaxers, he was fine.  I hope you get the same results and he feels better soon.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies. Just got him back from the vet again because I insisted they do xrays today. Might have  CCL tear and I'm praying his knee injury is not my fault because he slipped going up my steps. I was bawling the whole way home thinking if I just went upstairs to get his brush none of this would be happening right now. I wish it was just a pulled muscle and can't get any more info until the dr is in tomorrow.

Nice way to spend my quiet vacation....ugh.

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"