February 2013 Moms
Options

Food Question

I'm craving sushi, so I was thinking of having edamame, avacado rolls, and Miso soup. I'm heard that soy can be bad. Any thoughts on it? Should I avoid the soup? I'm still figuring this whole pregnancy thing out!

Re: Food Question

• Options

I am pretty sure I had miso soup when I was pregnant last time. Just don't eat it for three meals a day everyday.

That meal sounds delicious!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I had miso soup the other day.  Ive never heard not to eat it.  Ive also never heard anything specifically against soy, but just like anything else i wouldnt over indulge.
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mash67Mash67 member
    Some time this week I plan on eating some ahi tuna, seared. Its fine as long as it is fresh and isnt consumed that often due to mercury levels. Miso soup is perfectly fine the biggest thing to watch is the salt intake. Soy sauce has a ton of salt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMash67:
    Some time this week I plan on eating some ahi tuna, seared. Its fine as long as it is fresh and isnt consumed that often due to mercury levels. Miso soup is perfectly fine the biggest thing to watch is the salt intake. Soy sauce has a ton of salt.

This.  If you eat too much salt, you can become dehydrated and/or you will swell up! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    BBS!BBS! member
    OMG, I already started swelling. It's ridiculous! No more soy for me. I can barely button my pants and I'm miserable! Now I know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"