Multiples
Options

Round ligament pain?

If you've experienced round ligament pain, what did it feel like? Last night, I had a really bad period-like cramp in the center of my lower abdomen/pelvic region, and then I had it again today while doing laundry (this time it was on the right side of my lower abdomen). Both times, the pain came and went very quickly.

I'm going to call my doctor, but I was curious to hear from other MoMs.

Twins November 2012!

Re: Round ligament pain?

• Options

I am sure that RLP can present in different ways, but when I get it, it generally starts off as a sharp pain that lingers for a bit and then goes away.  It is also usually prompted by my movement.  I wouldn't compare it to bad-period like pain, but then again, menstrual cramps can also feel different for different people.

I hope it is just stretching.  A lot of things are happening down there right now! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with the previous poster, I think that it can manifest itself in different ways in different people. For me it was a sharp stabbing pain especially if I did something like sneeze. I would hope that since it came and went quickly that it's nothing more than RLP but calling your doctor just in case is always a smart move.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, my doctor's office wasn't very helpful. The PA said that it could either be RLP or contractions. She just told me to be cautious and to call back if I keep getting the pains (she asked if I wanted to move up my appointment to today...shouldn't she be making that decision if she thinks it is something to worry about??). In the meantime, I'm supposed to make sure I'm resting and drinking lots of fluids.
    Twins November 2012!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"