May 2012 Moms

Sweaty Baby??

My son always seems to get so sweaty! Since he gets so hot I usually just keep him in onsies..for nighttime he only sleeps swaddled so I swaddle him and he is in a onsie. I don't put any other blankets over his swaddle and its just a receiving blanket so its pretty airy. I turn the fan on and our air is always on,about 71. I sleep in pj pants and a tshirt or tank and underneath a sheet and thick comforter. Everytime he wakes up in the night he is drenched in sweat. It doesn't seem to bother him...I don't understand how he gets so hot I'm always so cold at night...

Sooo..what would you do? I have to keep him swaddled or he wouldn't sleep. Should I just let him get really sweaty like that? Have him naked? Make it colder in the house?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sweaty Baby??

• Overheating is a risk factor for SIDS so I personally would be worried. I would try swaddling him naked, or get a sleep sack swaddle since it isn't as tight in the lower half of the body. 71 sounds pretty cool - is it actually that temp in the bedroom? Our thermostat is set at 77 but its much warmer in our bedroom since we close the door so we use a fan or open windows if its cool outside. Your LO could also just be sweaty. I would ask your Dr for peace of mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My baby gets sweaty sometimes too.. do you have the Aden & Anais swaddlers? they are really airy/cool I usually swaddle her up in those if we don't have our air conditioner on and it is warmer. 

photo 079784b6-db39-45bd-baa4-d4d1663846f3.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My little boy sweats too. I swaddle him in his diaper only, and I use the A&A blankets. They seem the thinest
  • My guy is sweaty, too.  I never put clothes on him unless we are going out of the house.  I also immediately remove his onesie when we get home because he is soaked in sweat in the carseat.  He sleeps in a sleep sack because he hates being swaddled.

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• My girl gets really hot sometimes, so we stopped swaddling, put her in short sleeves, and only cover her legs at night. She gets really upset if she gets to the point of sweaty alot.
  • Mine was sweaty too... We were swaddling the same way.

We put a fan in the room (not blowing directly on her) and I just swaddle her naked (with a diaper). It really made a difference. I think in the summer it is just too hot to layer under the swaddle.

During the day she pretty much hangs out in a onesie and sometimes has socks on. She is still a sweaty mess... I keep the house around 72 during the day and 75 at night. Sweaty babies in the summer is pretty much the norm.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"