South Jersey Babies

May have to be induced on Friday

So I am 4 days late from the due date they gave me (they are wrong because I know when I conceived) and they want to schedule me for induction this friday.  Baby looks good as of my last Non Stress Test on Monday.  I am 2 - 3 centimeters dialated as of Monday and 50% effaced.  Although I am tired and uncomfortable being pregnant, should I go ahead with the induction?  Will I still be able to get epidoral?  The Dr. I saw at appt. on Monday seams to think I will go before friday.  Don't know what to do.

Re: May have to be induced on Friday

• Hope all goes well!! GL & Congrats

• It sounds like you are a great canidate for an induction. Already being dialated & thinned out is a nice head start and should make for a quick induction.

I had perfect inductions every time -- my first was about 5 hours from start to birth, second was 3 and 3rd was less than 2 hours from when they broke my water until I had my baby. Every time I was at least 3 cm dialated.

I also got an epidural every time -- twice before I even felt real contractions. Just tell the nurses that you want the epi, and they will get it for you. It never stalled my labor. The Dr would rather put it in when you are relaxed then try to insert it in between strong contractions, so it's never too soon!  It doesn't "run out" or "wear off," so don't worry about getting it too early. As long as it is placed correctly, you will be fine -- you can still feel parts of the delivery, but it's much less painful that it would be without it.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks.  I will know more today when I go to Dr. appt.  My first delivery went so smooth.  I went into labor, got the epi waited until I was fully dialated, pushed for an hour and a half and my son was born.  I'll keep you posted!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"