November 2011 Moms

Puffs

Hey moms I need some advice...my son is going to be 7 months in 3 days and I have tried puffs with him a few weeks ago. He will eat like two of them and then any more than that he will gag on and throw up. It's almost like he doesn't like the texture or something. Does anyone else have this problem? Can you give me some insight on what to do? HELP

Re: Puffs

• Stop feeding him the puffs, he's obviously not ready for them. Is he crawling yet? Most of these foods have a recommendation of feeding them to babies that are crawling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No he is not crawling yet. Thank you for the advice. He hasn't had them in about 2 weeks.

• Loading the player...
  • jb2rnjb2rn member
    why does he need puffs? do they provide nutritional value other food doesn't? I would ditch them, it seems he doesn't like them anyway.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• We tried Puffs for the first time this past weekend. He wasn't sure about them at first. It took one feeding of each new food for him to get used to each new food too. It seemed like it was just a different taste that he needed to get used to each time. The tube of puffs was still sitting on the table today while I was giving him purees. He was reaching for it so I decided to try to see if he liked them any better today. He did! He still had a little bit of trouble keeping them in his mouth but he liked it once it got in there. In my experience, just because he doesn't like something right away doesn't mean he won't eventually like it. Maybe give it a break for a little bit and try again a little later. 
    Because you're mine, I walk the line....
    Landry Mark: 11/5/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If he's throwing up then I would stop giving them to him.
  • Wait...is he gagging and spitting out or physically throwing them up from his stomach? 

By no means does a baby need puffs.  But either he doesn't like the texture or they make him sick depending on what your answer is from the above question.

DD tried puffs almost 2 months ago.  She made awful faces and spit them out at times.  However, they are something that I stuck with because I thought it was the texture bothering her not the taste.  She wouldn't keep putting them in her mouth if she wasn't interested.  So, I kept with offering...never forcing - they are puffs FGS.  Anyways, from our experience, I like that they were something that trained DD to chew and dissolved quickly without being a high danger to choking if she couldn't get the hang of it.  Just last night she turned a corner, almost 2 months later, and devours them.  I would only give her like 5 here and there throughout the week and now it seems she likes to snack on them and is a champ at eating them.  She just had like 15 right now. 

Anyways...if baby is throwing up...obviously...pitch em.  Something is not sitting well.

If baby is gagging...that's what they do when learning size and shape of what is safe to be in there mouth and eventually swallow.  We went the route where we let the gagging be our guideline during BLW and DD has done amazing.  But that's not for all babies, and may not be for our next one.  If the gagging is happening a lot, baby may not be ready for this experience and I'd definitely take a time out and maybe reintroduce after a few weeks. 

Seriously though...if baby is throwing up - no questions - just pitch them. 

• imageChan4dra04:
    I like that they were something that trained DD to chew and dissolved quickly without being a high danger to choking if she couldn't get the hang of it. 

If baby is gagging...that's what they do when learning size and shape of what is safe to be in there mouth and eventually swallow.

DS loves them and devours them! In the beginning he was unsure, but I kept offering, like you. There is some nutritional value, but he loves them and it keeps him busy while I get things done.

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"