Food Allergy

Dairy Free Mom - Milk Trial Question

DS2 has a suspected milk allergy so I have been off milk for three weeks (breastfeeding). Since we upped DS2 prilosec dose the pedi wants to reintroduce milk to see if it was an intolerance or a reflux issue.

How would you trial? If I have milk, how long will it take to notice? How long would it take to clean out my system? Would you using formula be a better option? It took 18 days to see improvement so don't want to wait another 18 days for improvement! So nervous!

(Also on Breastfeeding Board)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dairy Free Mom - Milk Trial Question

• i think the baby seems a little young to be trialing. i would be worried to recontaminate your milk b/c it takes so long to get out all your hard work would be back to square one. do you have any frozen milk from when you were still eating dairy that you can give her? i am just now starting to incorporate baked in & hidden dairy & have worked up to pizza but my daughter is 6.5 months old. i don't think they normally outgrow as young as your child is. 
  • I think he is a little young but the pedi is not convinced that it is milk intolerance and he would like to verify the diagnosis since we changed a couple things at one time.  I think it is milk since DS had horrible eczema which after a month without me eating milk is fading/ getting better.
    I have a little bit of frozen milk, I could use or I could use some formula ( he normally gets a bottle or two a week).  My thought is that giving milk or formula would reduce the rebound because it would only be one system to recover so it should be a shorter period.    
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • If it were me I would ask for a referral to an allergist and test out the theory via skin test and/or RAST. Agree with PP's that it is a PITA to get milk back out of your milk and LO is awfully young.
    Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"