Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Play Yard or extra wide gate?

We just moved into a condo type apartment and the cove that meant for the computer (only pace beside our bedroom) is wide, 72 inches. We bought a wall mount gate but we if we put it above teh molding Ethan can fit under. I can fit under it!

We can't drill into the molding and the space is too wide for a pressure mount, at least from what I have found. So I was thinking of the metal North States play yard that can be wall mounted. That way we could build a barrier and screw in the top for stability. Plus when we buy a house we could use it to block off a fire place or stairs. ?

If you have a play yard do you think this would work? If not, ideas are appreciated!?

image Nicholas loved for 28 weeks, 4/11/10
Baby Boy loved for 15 weeks, 5/31/11
Baby Girl loved for 16.5 weeks. 3/1/12

Re: Play Yard or extra wide gate?

• I have a play yard and love it cause you can move it from one room to another and even take it w you if you are traveling or visiting family.
  • We have a loft and use the superyard xt to block off the opening, 8 or 9 feet, I just made a giant arch and it works fine, IMO I would rather the playard since you can move it where ever, we actually just went and bought another one to go around our Christmas tree downstairs
  • Loading the player...
  • So the superyard, can your DD knock it over? DS is very strong, I mean he moved DH's 5 pounds weights were he wanted before we could get to him (sliding and pushing them of course).

He is also a good walker so I am concerned he'll knock it over. I suppose we could weight the back side to hinder this.?

image Nicholas loved for 28 weeks, 4/11/10
    Baby Boy loved for 15 weeks, 5/31/11
    Baby Girl loved for 16.5 weeks. 3/1/12
  • I have it angled pretty well, I think the larger you have it angled the more unsecure it can get, DD can rock it a little but its too big for her to move, plus the carpet and the tv stand keep it from sliding, if you had wood or tile floors and it was just out in the open a baby might be able to slide it, but I would think its too heavy to pick up and move

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"