Babies: 0 - 3 Months

help with 1st cold

DD has first cold and is waking up every 5 minutes after we get her back to bed.  I have a warm mist vaporizer with the Vicks in it.  Any other tips on helping her breath better?  (Keep using our little nose vacuum sucker but only want to use it so much)

Do they make a baby vapor rub?  Any tips would be appreciated.

Re: help with 1st cold

• Yep! They make baby vapo rub, I found it near the thermometers and cold medicines a walmart. It works pretty good.
  • You can try elevating her bed, and Little Noses makes some saline nose drops that we use along with the nose sucker thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We are battling the first cold over here as well... it is miserable!  We have used the Little Remedies saline drops & boogie sucker, Little Remedies Baby Vapor Rub, elevated the crib, put a cool mist humidifier in the room.  Unfortunately for us, nothing is really helping.  The cold is winning the battle.
  • Ditto PPs--

We have the humidifer going in Hadley's room and have elevated her bed.  I keep meaning to pick up saline drops but for now we're just using the bulb syringe.  DH and I also put Hadley in the bathroom in her swing when either of us showers--the steam helps with her congestion a bit.  

Hope your little one is feeling better soon!

• DD slept in her bouncer when she had her first cold, it really helped keeping her more upright like that.  We'd also run the hot water in the bathroom to get it steamy and have her sit in there for awhile to help break up her congestion.
    -Deborah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"