High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

please post your timeline for stopping meds and/or cerclage removal

Just to get an idea of what the "norm" is :)

I had my last p17 progesterone injection at 34 weeks 5 days.  I will stop the oral prometrium at 36 weeks and my cerclage is being removed that same day.  I am supposed to continue to the procardia until 36 weeks 4 days. 

Anyone else want to share what your plan was or what your plan is?  Also, if you already had your baby when did you go into labor after stopping your meds or cerclage removal? 

I am a little anxious about all this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: please post your timeline for stopping meds and/or cerclage removal

• Options

I have the same anxiety and questions but I'll post my timeline to get this started.

Current Pregnancy #3 - On Procardia 20mg/4 hrs for PTL as a result of chronic placental abruptions creating uterine irritability.  Will stop meds at 37w1d (after DD#1 birthday party and DH returns home).  Currently at 3cm with ongoing regular contractions so I don't think I'll last long without the procardia.

Preg#1 - on procardia/terb (can't remember now) and stopped at 36wks.  Induced at 40w3d

Preg #2 - Procardia stopped at 36 wks.  Induced at 38w+a few days.

First time that I'll be 'going into' labor so feel like a FTM in that regard.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My last 17P is at 36 weeks on the dot. My cerclage will just be removed during my repeat section at 37 weeks (I had a classic, emergent section last time so its not a choice.)
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Cerclage was removed at 36 weeks exactly (Monday).

17p was stopped  at 36w5d (Friday).

I dilated to 1 immediately, and stayed there. I was induced at 39 weeks due to pre-eclampsia.  I went in 'unfavorable' with a plan for a long staged induction, and ended up sleeping through labor, because cervidil got me going all by itself.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"