TTC after 35

Please help me back away from the phantom symptoms...

Since I am not temping this month (just used OPKs and CM), I have now become obessed with phantom symptoms.  And here I thought not temping would help me relax...dummy....

I have had nausea nonstop since Sunday (CD6) and am now on CD9.  Last night was so bad that I was having problems sleeping.  Monday night wasn't great either, but I had a race that night (sailing) and Lake Michigan had a lot of rolling waves that didn't make matters any better even after I got off the boat.  Top that off with cramps (not in my normal PMS areas) and achy boobs.  You all know where my mind is going.  Can't it be this weekend already so I can test (or have AF rear her ugly head). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Please help me back away from the phantom symptoms...

• I have found that nothing much screws with your head like nausea during the 2ww.

I hope these turn out to be more than just phantom signs.  Good luck Gundy! 

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • And it doesn't help that DH is now paying attention to the nausea and sore boobs and thinking this might be the month, too.  He knows we had great timing...
  • Loading the player...
  • The phantom symptoms SUCK!  I hate them, except when they turn out to be real symptoms.  Don't know what to suggest other than maybe take your temp until the weekend.  If it stays up up up and higher than you remember you might not be crazy.

This is why I never stop temping.  I can't stand not having the extra info.

Pulling for you Gundy! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• Good luck!!!  When will you test??  I had a BFP at 9 DPO with my son, so I always cave and test early:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagegundy21:
    And it doesn't help that DH is now paying attention to the nausea and sore boobs and thinking this might be the month, too.  He knows we had great timing...

Just a couple more days....hang in there! 

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • jjs - I am not planning on testing until Sunday.
  • imagegundy21:
    jjs - I am not planning on testing until Sunday.

This is a FANTASTIC idea!!! My willpower is free for you to take, it was useless to me this cycle.

• Gundy - LOTS and LOTS of luck to you!!! (I got my first BFP at 10 DPO... with a dollar store test... just saying)
  • Don't encourge me, Adi!  I want to join you on the other board, but I am really trying not to think that far ahead yet.

Holy cow - you are already at 28 weeks! 

• Poor thing .. i am so sorry! :)  its almost like since you took away your daily tempting your mind is trying to focus on something else ... or on the better hand it could be that hey maybe this is your month! :)
  • Phantom symptoms suck.  I really hope this is it for you.  This weekend will come soon enough - it's already Wednesday afternoon!  You're on the downward side of the week!
  • Progesterone is quite the trickster- I've decided to ignore all twinges etc. during the 2WW b/c I've found for me, they mean nothing. But, I wish good things and positive tests in YOUR future! :) FX!

• I totally feel your pain. Yesterday I was doing some really light yoga and got dizzy/lightheaded so I couldnt' finish.  Today I woke up with nausea, my skin has been breaking out for several days...BUT I promised DH I wouldn't test until Friday so here I sit at 13dpo knowing I could probably find out for sure right now yet I have to wait until Friday *sigh*

And I'm also on progesterone supps so who knows how many of the symtpoms are related to that!  Good luck to you!!

Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Phantom symptoms are the worst!!!  I slacked off on the temping and then had a 54 day cycle full of phantoms and BFNs so I'm going to temp from here on.  Here's hoping your phantoms aren't phantoms at all.
    Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • Good Luck! Good Luck!  I HATE phantom symptoms!  I have had months when I coincidentally had the flu right around the time AF was due and of course I was sure I was PG..it was SO unfair!

My hope for you is that this is your month!  I can hardly wait to see your good news...  :)

Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Ticker Warning :::::

You ladies have way too much willpower! I was a habitual 9dpo tester because even if it was negative I could at least concentrate on something else for the rest of the day ..... Until of course the next morning when I tested again!  Probably not the best idea. 

Just so you know, I'm with Adi on this one ;) 

• I hope this is your month. Sounds promising. Not to egg you on, but both of my pregnancies had postic=ives at 8 or 9 dpo. Not very dark, but there.
    DD#1 8/7/2009 TTC#2 BFP 11/10/12 Baby girl born sleeping at 26 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"