TTC After a Loss

Just to let you know

I'm not sure if I've ever posted on here about my job. I actually work as a cytogenetics technologist (basically a science nerd with a lab coat). We do chromosome testing on mostly blood and bone marrow, but also on amniotic fluid, cvs's, and poc's (products of conception) and just about everything else.

While this job has made my TTC life difficult in that I see a LOT of sad things, I also have a lot of knowledge about chromosome issues and RPL that comes with it. If any of you EVER have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I'm sure if you are having testing done, you'll see a genetic counselor, but in case they're not available or if you have any additional questions, I'm here.

BFP #1: 7-26-08, natural m/c 6w4d; BFP #2: 12-6-08, natural m/c 6w5d
BFP #3: 2-26-09; DD born 10/30/09; 7lb3oz, 20.5in!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
BFP= #4: 9-8-13, hcg @ 14dpo: 507, 17dpo: 1731, doubling: 39 hours
Found a strong hb @ 5w6d; Measuring 4 days ahead, hb of 168 @ 8w4d!
So excited for Baby Sister! EDD: 5/24/14
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Just to let you know

• Wow - that is a crazy job! You must see everything. That's good to know... I don't think we're going to do the genetic testing as we don't have any family history to indicate we'll have problems and I'm sort of in the boat that God will give us what we can handle. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Alli

• Thanks for the information, knowing we have people around to ask questions is great, and very comforting. I'm with Alli, God will give me what I can handle.

Love.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That is so sweet to offer your help!  I'm sure that it isn't something you want to spend your time out of work discussing, it's really kind of you to share with us!

Thank you so much, I'm sure I will take you up on it after I meet with RE in two weeks, I can never remember to ask the important questions when I have his attention! 

• Thanks so much for offering! I may have some questions at some point although I've pretty much had all of the RPL plus some additional testing.
  • Do you do PGD testing? ?We'll be doing that in January so i'll probably have some questions then. ?Thanks for the info...i know you'll be a big help answering questions for alot of us here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"