Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Grandparents and entitlement

I just don't know how to deal w/ MIL any more. We have a lot of issues to begin with but what I really can't deal with is the sense of entitlement she seems to think she has with my kids. We make time for her to come over and see them every weekend regardless of what else we have going on. Which I think is plenty. My parents don't see them that often (not that they don't want to see them but they have lives whereas my MIL spends most of her time alone with her dog and cat).

At DD's birthday party this weekend she tried to take DS right out of my Gram's arms and she hadn't seen him in a month. And if that weren't enough, she now has her friend emailing DH to tell him to let her see the kids more. WTH! 

Ant advice? I am at my wits end.

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45

Re: Grandparents and entitlement

• Options
    Ugh, no advice, sorry. ?But it sounds like my MIL too. ?She comes over every.single.weekend. ?It sucks and I feel like I can't say no. ?She does however understand that when my family is here, it's their time, since they live out of state.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My MIL to a tee. Even down to the dog and cat.  My DH has even less patience with her than I do but at least he feels obligated to her- ha!  So I told DH if he feels strongly about it (and won't tell her to back off) then he should start taking DD over to her house every weekend.   That thought was scary for him so he instead convinced his mother to start volunteering for the Obama campaign on weekends.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Has your DH talked to her about this?
  • Options

imageluciagdelopez:
    Has your DH talked to her about this?

Yup. And then she pulls the woe is me card and how lonely she has and how she has no one and yadda yadda yadda. She is alone because she has alienated everyone in her life. She has no job because she told her boss to "go eff herself". Seriously, the kids are her life and that kind of scares me. So, of course, DH ends up feeling sorry for her and has her come over while I'm working on the weekend and then the cycle starts again. Ugh. Most of the time he's with me but then he feels sorry for her and caves again.

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"