Natural Birth
Options

Jackson's Hypnobabies Birth Center Birth :)

Zero drugs. Zero interventions. 9 lbs, 4 oz and 22 ? inches. My sweet boy is now 3 1/2 months old but I so enjoyed reading birth stories while I was pregnant that I wanted to share ours here. The following is what I wrote on my fb to introduce people to the concept of hypnobabies...the birth story link is at the bottom of the page.   :) ------  Jackson?s birth story is being featured on the Hypnobabies blog and facebook page! For those of you who don?t know what Hypnobabies is, it?s a complete childbirth education course designed around the premise that childbirth can and should be enjoyable. When looking into childbirth education and coping techniques etc (Bradley method, Lamaze Class, Birthing from Within Etc) the one that was most in line with my beliefs was Hypnobabies. I loved the fact that they teach woman how to train (or re-train as is the case for most of us growing up in the US) our minds to not believe that having a baby should be a painful horrible experience. I was determined that we would have a natural birth and I wanted to be able to enjoy it and look forward to it? not fear it and ?cope? with the ?pain? that is expected. Hypnobabies is self-hypnosis to retrain your mind to understand that childbirth is the most natural thing in the world and there is no reason it should be the worst experience of a woman?s life. ?Self hypnosis? isn?t some kind of scary witchcraft ? we all put ourselves in a state of hypnosis on a daily basis ? when we daydream, watch TV or simply zone out and relax. No, you aren?t hypnotizing your baby or doing some weird kind of voodoo. What hypnobabies teaches is relaxation techniques and being able to get out of your own way.  If you know me at all, you know I truly detest the ?modern? medical system and feel it?s completely backwards from the way true health is obtained. (This is a whole other topic I won?t go into here).  I hate hospitals and was thrilled to learn about a WONDERFUL birth center here in Columbia.   I don?t believe that pregnant woman are ?sick?. In the case of a normal pregnancy, I see no reason why they should be subjected to ?having? or ?delivering? their babies in a hospital. We decided to do all of our pre-natal care and have our birth with the wonderful midwives, Lisa and Alex, at their birth center.  WE COULD NOT HAVE MADE A BETTER CHOICE! They were so completely wonderful! I felt comfortable with them at all times and knew I was in caring, knowledgeable, and trustworthy hands. The link below will take you to Jackson?s birth story. I wrote it for a hypnobabies group so hypnobabies terms are used in it. ?Birthing time? refers to ?labor?.  ?Pressure Waves? refers to ?contractions?.   Yes, this was a completely natural birth. Zero drugs, even after the fact I never needed anything ? not even a Tylenol. Was it ?easy?? Um, no. It was a serious mental and physical test. I had 48 hours of back labor at home before we went to the birth center (Jackson thought  it would be fun to be born sucking his hand, thus the back labor). Two days of pretty much zero sleep and not much food.  But I made it through and am all the stronger for it? Did I decide to have a natural birth because I wanted some kind of medal? Nope. (Although, that?s kind of a fun thought haha). I wanted our baby to be born into the world free of drugs and interventions. I wanted him to choose his birth date when he was ready ? not when a medical doctor decided for their own convenience. I knew a natural birth was not just the smart choice; it was the only choice for us. Getting an epidural or any other drugs was never an option for me.  If I hadn?t had prepared my mind with hypnobabies would it have been painful? Yes, without a doubt. But because I was prepared, it was intense, but never painful. Our minds are very, very powerful. If you?re interested to read Jackson?s birth story, here?s the link:  :) https://hypnobabies.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/hypnobabies-mom-says-about-pushing-i-was-certainly-calm-and-pain-free-but-i-was-not-quiet/ 
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Jackson's Hypnobabies Birth Center Birth :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"