Eco-Friendly Family
Options

ikea cribs?

Does anyone have an ikea crib? Do you like it? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ikea cribs?

• Options

I have the Gulliver in birch (birch lets you convert to a toddler bed, the white does not). It was easy to set up, and seems nice and sturdy so far. The cat is having a ball jumping in and out of it. I have a little ways to go before I test out it with a baby. It's stationary, but low enough that I can easily bend over the side and pick up the baby. I'm 5'3'', and most stationary cribs I've come across are too high for me. I think it's a great crib for the money.

Here is a pic just after DH set it up:

• Options
    We have the same crib as PP. DD is 18 mos and I have zero complaints. I liked that it was small - it fits in our tiny house and makes changing the sheets easy. It is completely sturdy and doesn't have a mark on it. We'll be breaking ours down to a toddler bed after DD figures out how to escape from the crib. It looks really cute with the Expedit bookshelf in birch.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the Leksvik crib and love it! Even though DD doesn't um.. sleep in it. Haha! It's very sturdy and cute and a great height for me. DD likes to play in it! =P
  • Options

imagekelbrian:
    We have the Leksvik crib and love it! Even though DD doesn't um.. sleep in it. Haha! It's very sturdy and cute and a great height for me. DD likes to play in it! =P

That's the one that we like! I haven't seen it yet in person but it looks very nice online. We also like the matching dresser and toy box. Do you have the matching pieces?

• Options

DH's dad may build us a fancy crib, but if not I'm thinking of getting the gulliver one, too. 

So, the one side doesn't come off if you get the white???

Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • Options
    I do not have the matching pieces. Sorry!
  • Options

We have the white Gulliver and love it! It's perfect for me, also because I am short like pp.

I could have sworn that the white one converts to a toddler bed....????

• Options

We have the white gulliver.  I'm short too (5'2) and when I nannied a boy with a bigger crib I seriously had to put my belly on the bar and leaaaan over the edge very carefully with my feet off the ground to gently put him down so he wouldn't wake up :)

Don't have to do that with the gulliver.  We're super pleased for the price we paid (we got it on sale for $45!!) and its adorable in my DD's room.  Hmm ... wonder if I have a picture?  brb

• Options
    imagesqueakytaco:

We have the white gulliver.  I'm short too (5'2) and when I nannied a boy with a bigger crib I seriously had to put my belly on the bar and leaaaan over the edge very carefully with my feet off the ground to gently put him down so he wouldn't wake up :)

Don't have to do that with the gulliver.  We're super pleased for the price we paid (we got it on sale for $45!!) and its adorable in my DD's room.  Hmm ... wonder if I have a picture?  brb

do you know if you can remove one side?  we're planning to side-car the crib to our bed.

Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • Options

I'm so glad that they work for everyone! I'm only 5' 0 tall so I think this will be perfect. The cribs at BRU seem huge to me, I can't wait to see the ones at IKEA in person. My parents are going to give us $300 to help with the furniture, at these prices we should be able to get the crib and dresser. Yay for generous parents!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"