Late Term and Child Loss
Options

I'm a BAD Momma! ***warning*** Rainbow baby related

So DH and I were out and had DS in his stroller. It's a travel system stroller so he just stays in his car seat. DS was getting fussy so I took him out for a bit to calm him down. I figure that he needs to be fed so we decide to head back to the truck where I can feed him in the back seat. Since I was just going to take him out again when we got to the truck I didn't strap him into his seat. On our way to the truck DS falls asleep so we then decide to go home first before feeding him. It's about a 15 min drive. So DH puts his car seat in the truck and we drive home. 

When I went to take him out I realized that he was never strapped in the whole way home! OMG!!! Huge parent FAIL!!! I can't believe I did that! I feel so guilty and can't stop thinking about what could have happened. It also has brought back all the guilt I felt when we lost Ian. I thought I had put that guilt behind me.

I have been crying and clinging to DS. I feel so horrible! :'( 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: I'm a BAD Momma! ***warning*** Rainbow baby related

• Options
    Im sorry! There was one time when DH and I buckled DD in but forgot to tighten the straps. I felt sick about it. Thankfully it was a short trip and we were all safe but I've never forgotten that. I'll bet you will always double check now!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    *huge hugs* you are NOT a bad mom. I'm sure your not the first mom to forget something like this...and I'm sure you'll never do it again! LO is ok...nothing happened. Be gentle with yourself!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Been there, done that. :(. It happens
  • Options

You are not a bad mom at all. 

When G was 6 weeks and my aunt took me for my PP visit, she said she put the seat in the car.  Well I didn't look and when we turned a corner 15 mins later onto a main streen the carseat, baby, base and all went sliding across the backseat b/c she hadn't strapped in the base Indifferent

I lost it, hysterical is not even the word.  I sat back there with him on the way home after the OB had given me a neeve pill...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you for the support ladies! It is really hard to not beat myself up.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"