October 2011 Moms
Options

i just want to cry.

so yesterday it was confirmed we have bed bugs. We live in a apt building so treatment will be done at no cost to us. But only if we follow all the pre treat instructions. So i have untill friday at 10 am to have everything washed and bagged. all of our cabintes emptied and bagged (food, dishes, baby bottles) all pictures off the walls and bagged. All toys bagged (ods has 3 giant toy boxes in his room) everything in closets bagged. all our furniture (couches ect) have to be trown out. we can olny keep our mattresses if we buy a cover. But we are flat broke, so by friday we will have to throw our bed away as well as my 8 month olds bed and 3 yr olds. Idk where my babies will sleep? we have no one to help us. idk even know how im ever gonna get the whole house bagged up by friday with 2 kids. if we dont have all this done then we have to paay for treatment ourself or move! I need a miracle:(

Re: i just want to cry.

• Options

I'm so sorry!!! OMG, that's terrible. Can you ask a local org like Salvation Army or a crisis center for help?

I really hope someone can help you. Do you have renters ins? It might help replace some of your items

Good luck, keep us posted when you get time. You will get through this

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my gosh!  I'm so sorry you've been going through such hard times lately.  I don't know much about bedbugs, but can't they kill them without you having to throw things away?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we dont have renters ins. and i never thought about agencies helping (idk even know if we have anything here like that) the bad thing is that i have no idea where the lil *** came from we havent brought anything in, havent been to hotels, no guest. our neghbors had them so maybe thats it. i cant bealive we have to bag EVERTHING up! and we have to leave it all i bags till they treat our place 3 times. How are we sapposed to find stuff and live with bags in the middle of the rooms?
  • Options
    we dont have renters ins. and i never thought about agencies helping (idk even know if we have anything here like that) the bad thing is that i have no idea where the lil *** came from we havent brought anything in, havent been to hotels, no guest. our neghbors had them so maybe thats it. i cant bealive we have to bag EVERTHING up! and we have to leave it all i bags till they treat our place 3 times. How are we sapposed to find stuff and live with bags in the middle of the rooms? i am trying t organize as i bag but we are on a time limit.
  • Options

1. Take a deep breath. 

2. Get off the Bump and start bagging. Is there anyone that can help?  If not then pull up your boot straps and just dig in. Do what you need to do to make your home clean and safe for your children.

3.  I don't have any suggestions for your kids beds but you wouldn't be the first to bed share if you really had to.

Good luck.  

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    imagejonnygurl76:

1. Take a deep breath. 

2. Get off the Bump and start bagging. Is there anyone that can help?  If not then pull up your boot straps and just dig in. Do what you need to do to make your home clean and safe for your children.

3.  I don't have any suggestions for your kids beds but you wouldn't be the first to bed share if you really had to.

Good luck.  

i had to take a break to get the lo to sleep. I have no one to help and even i want have a bed so its gonna be more like floor sharing lol
  • Options

Do you have any friends or family that can come over and help bag everything up?  I just looked up that bug and see its a stubborn one and doesn't want to leave easily.  Maybe make a game up with the 3yr old and have her help get all the toys in the bags.  You could also make it into a ... Let's have fun sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags...fake camping.  I would search the area to see if there is a community center or church that can donate or help you all.  

Your situation sucks.  You can do it! (  I will be a positive cheerleader for ya.) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I do not have anything to add that has not already been said. I agree with PP to check with your local Salvation Army or other charities to see if you can get help. Also, I agree that the owner's of the apartment buildings should be paying for the bagging supplies so you may wish to discuss this with them. I am so sorry you are going through this and I hope everything will work out well for you. Best wishes and lots of hugs. 
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Heat will kill the suckers.  If you put things in the dryer on high they will be killed.  I had a friend in NYC who had them. 

She bought a special encasement covers for her mattress and box spring.  If you geyt the right cover you can save your mattresses.

She also kept all her clothes hung up with a trash bags over them.  

Make sure you don't have clutter.  They love to hide in clutter and dirty laundry especially under beds. 

There are also Packtite portable heating unit.  You can put items in there and they will heat it up and kill the bugs and their eggs.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Options
    imagepennysuedog:

Heat will kill the suckers.  If you put things in the dryer on high they will be killed.  I had a friend in NYC who had them. 

She bought a special encasement covers for her mattress and box spring.  If you geyt the right cover you can save your mattresses.

She also kept all her clothes hung up with a trash bags over them.  

Make sure you don't have clutter.  They love to hide in clutter and dirty laundry especially under beds. 

There are also Packtite portable heating unit.  You can put items in there and they will heat it up and kill the bugs and their eggs.

Just a thought but if heat kills them would using one of those portable garment steamers on the beds & furniture be hot enough to kill them? If so, it would definitely be cheaper than getting all new stuff.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"