Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

DS's diarrhea won't stop!

DS has some sort of bug and has had diarrhea for days. Even with eating just pedialyte, bananas and rice cereal (in an attempt to bind him up per the nurse's directions) he still has diarrhea every 10 minutes or so. As a result, he has the worst diaper rash I've ever seen...we change him right away but it's like it burns him as soon as it touches him. It's so horrible. He screams and screams at ever diaper change :(

Any advice?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DS's diarrhea won't stop!

• Options
    Yogaurt??
  • Options
    Forgot to add....we mix yogurt in with his cereal and bananas. The nurse said it would help replace the good bacteria he's losing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, what spelling... I mean yogurt?
  • Options
    I would ask the pedi to test a stool sample....has he been on any antibiotics recently?
    BabyFetus Ticker 10/2010-Missed M/C at 12weeks. Baby was 8-9weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Christmas card photo2012_edited-1
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Those are both great ideas.
  • Options

DD had that at 6 months. . ?virsuses take 7-10 days for them to work their way into the system.

Soy formula helps bind them too . . the hospital told me to do soy with the pedialyte . . (at the time she wasn't on solids yet) .. ?

Also, switch to wash clothes, make sure you try after each diaper and then try butt paste and stuff . . that should help . . hth?

• Options
    Have you tried cornstarch on his rash?  DD has had diarrhea too and has a bad rash that developed today, and she screamed.  It broke my heart.  I don't really have any advice, just empathy because we're going through it too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

There is aprobiotic out that is called Florastor Kids.  My sister SWEARS by it.  Apparently it does the same thing as yogurt, but is magnified.  I think there is a website if you google it.  You can get it at the pharmacy. 

Photobucket Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    should be *dry and not Try*
  • Options
    My DD just went through this.  My pedi recommended putting a thick layer of A+D ointment and then topping with liquid malox or mylanta.  she said that it neutralizes the acid from the poop.  i also added cornstarch.  my dd's rash was horrible and this combo cleared it up in a day.
  • Options

B had a terrible diarrhea bug like that, it lasted for 3 weeks. Our pedi told us to feed her normally but for sure to add yogurt at least once a day, or buy infant bifidus (probiotic). He also had us give her water as much as possible. Eventually it went away, thank god!

As for the rash try lotramin and on top put a really thick layer of desitin (in the purple and white tube)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"