3rd Trimester

Scared about the pain

I cannot tell you how excited DH and I are to met our baby girl. But I am scared of the pain....anyone with me? I just have no idea what to expect really b/c this is my first and all....

Re: Scared about the pain

• It's normal to be afraid, but honestly my recovery from my eye surgery was worse than childbirth.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Well that is reassuring to hear. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • It is my second and I am scared of the pain. I had a c/s last time but had pitocin before they knew the baby was breech. This time I am wanting to go VBAC but think I know what c/s feels like and what the recovery is and I am afraid of going VBAC.
  • I was never scared about labor, but I was scared to death about the epidural....I had a spinal block before my c/s and I didn't even feel it!  It was amazing, and afterwards was the best sleep of my life!
  • Are you having an epi? If so nothing at all to be scared of....they are amazing and I hugged my anethesiologist and told him he did gods work. Cant say that if I even attempted to go drug free I wouldnt be petrified because well, I was begging for drugs at 2cm so for me I know I couldnt do it. The unknown is always scary but honestly everyone is so helpful and lets you know what's going on and what's going to happen it really isnt as scary when you are in the moment
  • I am scared too but I am sure we will both do great!
  • Unfortunately fear of pain often ends up causing pain ie. the stress, tension, rising of BP. I would suggest reading some positive birth stories and/or watching some on YouTube videos of happy births- it's possible and natural to have a good birth- think positive :)
  • imagemadhatter2003:
    It's normal to be afraid, but honestly my recovery from my eye surgery was worse than childbirth.

That is so reassuring to hear.  Thanks for posting it.

I keep reminding myself that most women voluntarily do this more than once.

• Yeah, at least childbirth has an end. Plus you get somewhat of a break between contractions....unlike pain where you are just in constant pain with no immediate end in sight (like surgery recovery!)  Plus you have so much adrenaline and hormones in your body that you sort of zone out and just focus on getting that baby out.

That being said, I did tell my doc giving me my epidural that I loved him. 

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"