Natural Birth

Homebirth with Fibromyalgia

I was diagnosed in 2001. My updated diagnosis is the same, so it's not going anywhere. I don't think it will be a problem (besides the issues it already causes in daily life) but I'm starting to have concern that a homebirth midwife may not want to take me on as a client because of it? Has anyone with fibromyalgia had a homebirth and do you think it'll be an issue with midwives? I would have absolutely no idea what to do if it did. We do not have any birth centers here and even our so called natural birth friendly hospital has like a 60% c-section rate (not sure how that classifies as nb friendly).
Missed m/c found @ 10 weeks - May 2010
Missed m/c found @ 10.5 weeks - August 2012

Re: Homebirth with Fibromyalgia

• Just out of curiousity, how do they test for fibromyalgia? Are you on chronic pain medicine? I think the meds you are on would be the only deterring factor.

someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• imagehaleymay18:

Just out of curiousity, how do they test for fibromyalgia? Are you on chronic pain medicine? I think the meds you are on would be the only deterring factor.

Rheumatologists make the diagnosis based on symptoms, tender points as well as ruling out other issues with blood work, brain scans, etc. No, I am not on any medications. My current doctor actually will not give pain meds for chronic illness (I don't know why but she doesn't). I was using medicinal marijuana for a while (which was super helpful) but since I'm pregnant that may not be the best idea. So no, I just deal with it.

Missed m/c found @ 10 weeks - May 2010
    Missed m/c found @ 10.5 weeks - August 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I have fibro, which I guess is now in remission. I think you would be able to birth naturally if you wanted. I actually have no idea why they would want to section you, a huge way to control fibro is being active, I doubt they would want you to be less active!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"