2nd Trimester
Options

To those who say they love being pregnant. . .

124»

Re: To those who say they love being pregnant. . .

• Options

I thoroughly disliked the experience of being pregnant with my daughter.  Before that, I had a molar pregnancy.  Preferring the viable pregnancy to the molar one didn't make the physical symptoms of that pregnancy any less miserable.

I can also think of worse things than a molar pregnancy.  The fact of their existence, though, and that other people have actually gone through them, doesn't make going through a molar pregnancy any less sh1tty.

Point being, there's always someone worse off than you.  I don't think that means only the worst- of the worst-off are somehow entitled to express their unhappiness.  (What was that phrase from a couple of years ago?  "This is not the Pain Olympics.")

And that thing about people who should have "kept their legs closed" really grinds my gears.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemissbea3:

Lurking.

And this is exactly why I never posted on 2nd tri, or now, 3rd tri :(  Posts like this make me feel so disheartened.. I wonder how many of you ladies who talk about pregnancy being "the worst thing to happen to you" would feel that same way if you weren't so naive..

It just irks me.. think of all the women who have struggled SO much to get pregnant.. the women who have lost their babies despite doing everything "right".. the women who have carried to term, only to deliver a sleeping child.. 

Not that I'd ever wish that on someone.. but I think having gone through an experience like that really makes you appreciate pregnancy.. sure, it's not all fun.. it's certainly not fun in 100+ degree heat.. but, those of us who can look you in the eye and say I love being 8 months pregnant right now.. we mean it.. and to "call BS" just makes you look like a huge fool.

ALL OF THIS!!!! Yes

As someone who actually had a loss prior ro having my take home baby I don't get why people complain??? AND this is coming from someone who actually deserved to complain.....1. Major kidney blockage due to uterus size 2. in and out of the hospital from 17weeks on with multiple surgeries requiring xray and heavy meds/ put on bedrest 3. an effing drain poked into my kidney that stuck out my back and forced me to lug around a pee bag 4. lost my job that I worked my butt off to get 5. wore a narcotic patch from 17weeks on, so my baby was high the whole time 6. delivered at 36w and had a NICU stay AND 7. I hust had a total hip replacement because my pg weight gain made my already effed up hip worse....and I am only 32...........Oh and you want to talk about heat??? I live in PHX and last Summer was the hottest on record!!!

SO SUCK IT UP!!!!!! Pregnancy is a gift and a blessing, deal with what curve balls come your way and just pray your baby and you remain healthy.....H and H 9 months!!! And I mean that!!!!

"You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesara052420:
    imageaussiedaze:
    imagesara052420:
    imageBlueDevilLady:

imagesara052420:
    Also I see a lot of people "lurking" from other boards... do yall just go around looking to start an argument or drama? it's a little strange!

So, you're telling me you've never looked at a board that didn't specifically pertain to you?

No i actually haven't.. They don't concern me because i'm not there yet in my life! 

Gee, aren't you special and unique.  For most of us though, we have friends who we like to check in on, or boards that we were on but no longer belong because of m/c but don't have the heart to stay away.  You're fortunate that you neither have friends or haven't experienced a m/c.  Either way, there are lurkers all over these boards.  Just look at the CFNBC boards who have thousands of hits but hardly any members.  

And no, the ALers not starting drama, they're expressing their very valid opinions and sharing their experiences.  Perhaps you don't understand why they are upset, but that would be because you've never been through what they have.  Someone who has experienced a m/c knows better than to make stupid thoughtless complaints about being pg, plain and simple.  It's called class and OP and several of you 2nd tri "complainers" need it. 

Again though, you're getting mad about us 2nd tri "complainers" complaining on the 2ND TRI BOARD.... It's pointless for you to get mad at us because we don't understand & its impossible for us to understand unless we go through it. Which was the point I was trying to make.. why come to the board knowing its probably gonna make you mad? That's like me going to a different board, expressing my opinion & getting mad when people don't understand it because they haven't been through what i've been through... it just doesn't make sense at all. Which is why I don't do that.. I stick to what I know...

First of all, I belong here and still get pissed off about people complaining to the extent that a couple of these ladies have done.  I will never say anything remotely close to "I hate being pregnant" because I KNOW that it's a blessing.  Why would you curse a blessing?  There was a twatwaffle who got pissed and wished miscarriages on all the women of a board b/c they called her out, and guess what, she ended up miscarrying.  I'd be careful about what I put out in the universe, that's all.

Second, people got mad because of the thoughtless comments that were made.  If you want to complain on this board, that's all fine and dandy, but just know that there are dozens of women who would be willing to give up everything for what we have.  And if you don't realize it, then they will make you aware.  

You might not enjoy going to other boards, but I've already told you why many ladies do it.  I lurk on the boards I've graduated from and lurked on boards that I hope to be a part of one day.  It's a part of human nature to be curious, and especially on the internet it's not surprising that people do it.  If you're going to put something out onto the WWW, you'd be pretty naive to think that only your intended audience will view it. 

BFP #1: 8/2011 ** EDD:  5/9/2012 **  Missed m/c discovered at 13 weeks

BFP #2: 4/4/2012 ** EDD:  12/24/12 ** Born: Charlotte "Charlie" Olivia   12/18/2013, 8 lbs 1 oz, 21 inches!!!  

• Options
    imagelanoue25:
    imagemissbea3:

Lurking.

And this is exactly why I never posted on 2nd tri, or now, 3rd tri :(  Posts like this make me feel so disheartened.. I wonder how many of you ladies who talk about pregnancy being "the worst thing to happen to you" would feel that same way if you weren't so naive..

It just irks me.. think of all the women who have struggled SO much to get pregnant.. the women who have lost their babies despite doing everything "right".. the women who have carried to term, only to deliver a sleeping child.. 

Not that I'd ever wish that on someone.. but I think having gone through an experience like that really makes you appreciate pregnancy.. sure, it's not all fun.. it's certainly not fun in 100+ degree heat.. but, those of us who can look you in the eye and say I love being 8 months pregnant right now.. we mean it.. and to "call BS" just makes you look like a huge fool.

ALL OF THIS!!!! Yes

As someone who actually had a loss prior ro having my take home baby I don't get why people complain??? AND this is coming from someone who actually deserved to complain.....1. Major kidney blockage due to uterus size 2. in and out of the hospital from 17weeks on with multiple surgeries requiring xray and heavy meds/ put on bedrest 3. an effing drain poked into my kidney that stuck out my back and forced me to lug around a pee bag 4. lost my job that I worked my butt off to get 5. wore a narcotic patch from 17weeks on, so my baby was high the whole time 6. delivered at 36w and had a NICU stay AND 7. I hust had a total hip replacement because my pg weight gain made my already effed up hip worse....and I am only 32...........Oh and you want to talk about heat??? I live in PHX and last Summer was the hottest on record!!!

SO SUCK IT UP!!!!!! Pregnancy is a gift and a blessing, deal with what curve balls come your way and just pray your baby and you remain healthy.....H and H 9 months!!! And I mean that!!!!

lanoue25...you are my she-ro!  

BFP #2: 4/4/2012 ** EDD:  12/24/12 ** Born: Charlotte "Charlie" Olivia   12/18/2013, 8 lbs 1 oz, 21 inches!!!  

• Options
    imageaussiedaze:
    imagesara052420:
    imageaussiedaze:
    imagesara052420:
    imageBlueDevilLady:

imagesara052420:
    Also I see a lot of people "lurking" from other boards... do yall just go around looking to start an argument or drama? it's a little strange!

So, you're telling me you've never looked at a board that didn't specifically pertain to you?

No i actually haven't.. They don't concern me because i'm not there yet in my life! 

Gee, aren't you special and unique.  For most of us though, we have friends who we like to check in on, or boards that we were on but no longer belong because of m/c but don't have the heart to stay away.  You're fortunate that you neither have friends or haven't experienced a m/c.  Either way, there are lurkers all over these boards.  Just look at the CFNBC boards who have thousands of hits but hardly any members.  

And no, the ALers not starting drama, they're expressing their very valid opinions and sharing their experiences.  Perhaps you don't understand why they are upset, but that would be because you've never been through what they have.  Someone who has experienced a m/c knows better than to make stupid thoughtless complaints about being pg, plain and simple.  It's called class and OP and several of you 2nd tri "complainers" need it. 

Again though, you're getting mad about us 2nd tri "complainers" complaining on the 2ND TRI BOARD.... It's pointless for you to get mad at us because we don't understand & its impossible for us to understand unless we go through it. Which was the point I was trying to make.. why come to the board knowing its probably gonna make you mad? That's like me going to a different board, expressing my opinion & getting mad when people don't understand it because they haven't been through what i've been through... it just doesn't make sense at all. Which is why I don't do that.. I stick to what I know...

First of all, I belong here and still get pissed off about people complaining to the extent that a couple of these ladies have done.  I will never say anything remotely close to "I hate being pregnant" because I KNOW that it's a blessing.  Why would you curse a blessing?  There was a twatwaffle who got pissed and wished miscarriages on all the women of a board b/c they called her out, and guess what, she ended up miscarrying.  I'd be careful about what I put out in the universe, that's all.

Second, people got mad because of the thoughtless comments that were made.  If you want to complain on this board, that's all fine and dandy, but just know that there are dozens of women who would be willing to give up everything for what we have.  And if you don't realize it, then they will make you aware.  

You might not enjoy going to other boards, but I've already told you why many ladies do it.  I lurk on the boards I've graduated from and lurked on boards that I hope to be a part of one day.  It's a part of human nature to be curious, and especially on the internet it's not surprising that people do it.  If you're going to put something out onto the WWW, you'd be pretty naive to think that only your intended audience will view it. 

Saying you hate pregnancy is not exactly cursing it. I hate the process of how she is getting here because it is making me miserable but i LOVE my child & would do it over again if i had to..

You can possibly expect someone to understand what its like to go through a loss when they haven't so you can't possibly get mad when we complain & you find it ridiculous that we're complaining. We have not been through what you have been through so its impossible for us to understand your view on us complaining.... it just simply doesn't make any sense!

I guess i'm the oddball who doesn't lurk or feel the need to! lol myyy bad

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Haha!  I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but this post is SOOOO TRUE!!  It reminds me of the "what to expect," movie.  Elizabeth Banks' character also "calls b.s." on the whole thing.  I'm sorry you've had a rough pregnancy.  Mine hasn't been all that wonderful either and I'm only 14 weeks along!  On top of the morning sickness/nausea, I now have to deal with sciatic nerve pain in my right hip.  I can't easily bend over (even slightly!) to do anything like tie my shoes, bend over the sink to spit out toothpaste, pick anything up, and can't sleep on my right side for more than a few minutes.  It SUCKS!  I feel bloated and gross all the time and just uncomfortable in my body! 

But like you, don't get me wrong, I am thrilled about this baby, just not as excited about the journey to the delivery! lol  Good luck to you, hope things get better for ya...(and me lol!)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagesara052420:
    imageaussiedaze:
    imagesara052420:
    imageaussiedaze:
    imagesara052420:
    imageBlueDevilLady:

imagesara052420:

Saying you hate pregnancy is not exactly cursing it. I hate the process of how she is getting here because it is making me miserable but i LOVE my child & would do it over again if i had to..

You can possibly expect someone to understand what its like to go through a loss when they haven't so you can't possibly get mad when we complain & you find it ridiculous that we're complaining. We have not been through what you have been through so its impossible for us to understand your view on us complaining.... it just simply doesn't make any sense!

Trying to reason with you is like talking to a brick wall.  I'll just end it like MrsNorry since you seem pretty daft.  But to say that it's "impossible" for you to understand why some women found the comments here offensive just shows how narrow minded you are.  It's not impossible, you're just unwilling.  There's a difference.  But I won't argue semantics or logic with you seeing as how you brought a stick to a knife fight.  H&H 9 months!

• Options
    imageaussiedaze:
    imagesara052420:
    imageaussiedaze:
    imagesara052420:
    imageaussiedaze:
    imagesara052420:
    imageBlueDevilLady:

imagesara052420:

Trying to reason with you is like talking to a brick wall.  I'll just end it like MrsNorry since you seem pretty daft.  But to say that it's "impossible" for you to understand why some women found the comments here offensive just shows how narrow minded you are.  It's not impossible, you're just unwilling.  There's a difference.  But I won't argue semantics or logic with you seeing as how you brought a stick to a knife fight.  H&H 9 months!

I didnt say it was impossible for me to understand why some comments were offensive.. I said its impossible for me to understand something I have NEVER been through. Maybe you should re-read what I said because you are putting words in my mouth...... and i'm not narrow minded i just know unless i have been through something myself i wont be able to fully understand it!

• Options
    milescmilesc member

STM and I love every second of it. 

I always joke, if it weren't for 2 pink lines, and a growing belly i'd never know I was pregnant. I love love love it, and I am going to be truly sad when we are done having kids. 

Im one of those women you hate. So speak for yourself 

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Options
    I love being pregnant. Honestly.  I really do. I've had a few pregnancy symptoms, mostly being hot and finding it hard to sleep, but overall, I've been very lucky.  No morning sickness or anything.  I'm sorry you haven't been as lucky.  Hang in there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am absolutely thrilled I'm able to be pregnant, but I don't love being pregnant.

I never had morning sickness, just some nausea at first. Never had sore breasts. I'm not swelling or having any of the other negative pregnancy symptoms, but I still don't like being pregnant. I wanna be able to sleep on my back again. I miss eating sushi. I miss eating eggs over easy. I don't like feeling so heavy. And I really just want to have my baby here in my arms with me now. 

• Options
    imageamy052006:

No one can convince me they rather be sitting around six months pregnant in a heat wave as opposed to sipping a margarita poolside.  

It doesn't mean I am not excited to have another kid.  But if someone told me there was an external pod I could grow one in, I would not hesitate. 

Too true!

• Options

I had aversions, sickness, aches and pains and I would still go thru it to feel a baby kick in my stomach because I loved it that much. No BS here. Hope you feel better and can find some relief for the aches and pains.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options

"Again though, you're getting mad about us 2nd tri "complainers" complaining on the 2ND TRI BOARD.... It's pointless for you to get mad at us because we don't understand & its impossible for us to understand unless we go through it. Which was the point I was trying to make.. why come to the board knowing its probably gonna make you mad? That's like me going to a different board, expressing my opinion & getting mad when people don't understand it because they haven't been through what i've been through... it just doesn't make sense at all. Which is why I don't do that.. I stick to what I know..."

"didnt say it was impossible for me to understand why some comments were offensive.. I said its impossible for me to understand something I have NEVER been through."

Knowing first hand what someone has been through and having compasion and thoughtfulness are different.  I don't know first hand what it is like to have troubles TTC.  I do not know what it is like to have a love one deployed in the military.  I do not know what it is like in a lot of different situations.  But I can still attempt to be thoughtful and compasionate.  I recently found out one of the janitors in my office had eight losses.  I cannot even begin to understand that, but my heart went out to her none the less.

There have been more than a few of us 2nd Tri PgAL girls on here.  Many of our posts started with responding to the OP saying you can call BS on us, but we love our pregnancies... here's why.  When those responses were being bashed the conversation escalated to the thoughtlessness of some comments when it comes to those of us who are PgAL.  Pregnancy is tough!  Well, being pregnant after a loss has all those challenges and more.

The poster above said "why come to the board knowing its probably gonna make you mad?"  Do you know how hard it is to not feel welcome in your Tri board?  To worry about making friends in your Birth Month Board bc someones thoughtless comments could turn you away.  Those of us who are PgAL have as much right to be on those boards as anyone else and it's hurtful that people think that us asking for a little consideration is asking too much.  I don't expect you to know what I have been through.  I pray you never experience it first had.  But I think from one person to another we should all strive to have compasion.  I don't know what it is like to have an unplanned pregnancy, I wanted this baby so badly, but that doesn't mean I can't have compassion for someone who had to struggle with the emotions of an unplanned pregnancy.

I am starting to worry this board will never be PgAL friendly.  And to me... that is a shame.

image BFP #3 02/14/2012 - EDD 10/20/2012 Started prometrium right away, hoping this one sticks Beta #1 (02/15) 37. Torrey born 10/21/2012 w 6lb 14oz, 19.5" long Beta #2 (02/17) 87 Doubling time 38.91 Beta #3 (02/22) 495 Doubling time 47.84 Beta #4 (02/28) 8108 Doubling time 35.70 ~grow baby grow~ Updated EDD 10/26 BFP #2 01/10/2012 - EDD 09/18/2012, Chemical Pregnancy ended 01/13/2012 BFP #1 12/03/2011 - EDD 08/06/2012, Natural M/C 12/13/2011
  • Options

My pregnancy was unplanned. VERY unplanned, actually- I got pregnant under the assumption that the four doctors who told me I'd never be able to have children were correct. I have PCOS. And being told at the age of eighteen that I'd never be able to have children was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. I knew that my DH (who desperately wanted to be a father- he hid it from me until we found out I was pregnant) was "the one" when he told me that he'd rather have no children with the right woman than 12 with the wrong one.

Having said that, I've battled with my own emotions and feelings constantly during this pregnancy. I'm not sure I'm ready to be a mom. I'm not sure I'll be good at it or that I won't mess up my son. I'm doing the best I can with what I have- and believe me, I know that what I have is a lot. Pregnancy isn't fun, it's not for wimps, but I'm keeping in mind that the end result is more than worth it. I'm uncomfortable. I don't particularly enjoy being pregnant. But I get my gorgeous boy in the end. And I think it's all a matter of perspective.I think that if pregnancy is the worst thing in the world that ever happened to you, then you are VERY lucky- because for me, it doesn't even rank in the top ten worst moments. One of the major ones would be watching my beloved grandfather die of complications from emphysema. Another would be holding one of my dearest friends' hands as her fiance died in an emergency room after a car crash. A third was the car crash that almost killed me. But those are my life experiences, and I don't expect anyone else to understand. Empathy would be nice, however. Empathy and compassion. But that might be too much to ask from a collection of strangers.

I've never experienced a loss, and I hope I never have to. It's like being the member of a club that nobody wants to join. And the fact that there are people on this board who are saying "What are you doing here, you have no right" only compounds that loss.

I know it's the Internet. But I think we could all have compassion, as PPs have said. Compassion for others, and compassion for ourselves. Whether you can empathize with another woman's losses/experiences or not, you can at least not rub salt in the wound. That's not hormonal- that's just human.

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."- Emily Bronte Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Um...I LOVE being pregnant. No BS here.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecerratocc:
    imageamy052006:

No one can convince me they rather be sitting around six months pregnant in a heat wave as opposed to sipping a margarita poolside.  

It doesn't mean I am not excited to have another kid.  But if someone told me there was an external pod I could grow one in, I would not hesitate. 

Too true!

*clears throat* I'd rather be six months pregnant in a heat wave...six months is a GREAT time in your pregnancy! I am cherishing these times. I have plenty of other years to sip margaritas.

• Options
    imageBarbourWales04:

My pregnancy was unplanned. VERY unplanned, actually- I got pregnant under the assumption that the four doctors who told me I'd never be able to have children were correct. I have PCOS. And being told at the age of eighteen that I'd never be able to have children was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. I knew that my DH (who desperately wanted to be a father- he hid it from me until we found out I was pregnant) was "the one" when he told me that he'd rather have no children with the right woman than 12 with the wrong one.

Having said that, I've battled with my own emotions and feelings constantly during this pregnancy. I'm not sure I'm ready to be a mom. I'm not sure I'll be good at it or that I won't mess up my son. I'm doing the best I can with what I have- and believe me, I know that what I have is a lot. Pregnancy isn't fun, it's not for wimps, but I'm keeping in mind that the end result is more than worth it. I'm uncomfortable. I don't particularly enjoy being pregnant. But I get my gorgeous boy in the end. And I think it's all a matter of perspective.I think that if pregnancy is the worst thing in the world that ever happened to you, then you are VERY lucky- because for me, it doesn't even rank in the top ten worst moments. One of the major ones would be watching my beloved grandfather die of complications from emphysema. Another would be holding one of my dearest friends' hands as her fiance died in an emergency room after a car crash. A third was the car crash that almost killed me. But those are my life experiences, and I don't expect anyone else to understand. Empathy would be nice, however. Empathy and compassion. But that might be too much to ask from a collection of strangers.

I've never experienced a loss, and I hope I never have to. It's like being the member of a club that nobody wants to join. And the fact that there are people on this board who are saying "What are you doing here, you have no right" only compounds that loss.

I know it's the Internet. But I think we could all have compassion, as PPs have said. Compassion for others, and compassion for ourselves. Whether you can empathize with another woman's losses/experiences or not, you can at least not rub salt in the wound. That's not hormonal- that's just human.

I have PCOS, and no one ever told me I wouldn't be able to have kids. Wow. As it turns out, give me a little metformin and some progesterone, and I get pregnant at the drop of a hat. Sorry you had to hear that.

I have had my share of crappy doctors too. Hope you finally found a good one -- they are like a needle in a haystack.

• Options
    You can call BS all you want, but I do love being pregnant. Pregnancy has been very kind to me thus far, with very little nausea, great skin, not much exhaustion, & a cute belly. I'm sorry that your experience hasn't been so wonderful, but to imply that I am insane for loving mine is rude.
  • Options

hmontty- I found a GREAT doctor here in AU (absolutely no bedside manner, he's about 412, but he knows his s**t, which is the most important thing). I've had a complication-free pregnancy and the doctor expects (as much as he can considering the fact that deliveries are always a total crapshoot) a complication-free delivery. I think, for me, the fact that this was utterly unexpected is part of what threw me so much. I'm glad it's easy for you to get pregnant-- a friend of mine was recently diagnosed with PCOS, and it's stories like yours and mine that give her hope! Do you mind if I share it with her?

I hope that with the improvement of medication PCOS issues will be wiped out entirely soon. Until they are, though... 

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."- Emily Bronte Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"