Philadelphia Babies
Options

What do people do for support?

We're hoping that our daughter can attend the actual birth, in some capacity, as we want her there and she's excited to be a part. It's allowed at the Birth Center, but they require that children have their own dedicated support person present. All of our extended family is far away, and while some are going to try to come down around baby's due date, due to the unscheduled nature of the birth, there's no guarantee that anyone will actually be around when it happens.

What do other people do in our position? It seems a lot to ask a friend to come with if the baby ends up coming during a work day or at, say, three in the morning. It also seems like arranging for our babysitter to come would be challenging, at best.

Re: What do people do for support?

• Options

There is no way I would want my daughter at my birth.  No way. 

Either a friend or our babysitter will come watch her when we leave.  Both are on standby for September.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

no way would i want dd to be there she was 5 1/2.  I was in labor for 2 days with this second one.  we asked a few neighbors if they would mind if we needed help.  I would also ask the sitter if she would be available.   You never know when.  we assessed who would be the best help at the time we went in.    we made it work. 

DH went to get DD within 2 hours and brought her in for lunch to meet her new brother.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we have a team of friends that are there for support. We're all BC mommas, and one is due with #2 in November, since her son will be 23 months, she's decided she doesn't want him there, especially since there were complications with his birth and she ended with a c-section. We are all on standby and her son will come to different houses to play with his friends while mom is in labor. If she wanted him there, which I'm sure she would if he were older, then one of us would bring him. Do you have any friends or can your sitter do this?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"