Baby Showers

How to acknowledge a gift

Hi, my inlaws purchased the baby's crib. Obviously we will not bring the crib to the shower however I still want to acknowledge their gift in front of everyone (you know like while im unwrapping all the other gifts) 

Any ideas?  

Re: How to acknowledge a gift

• imageMandJS:

Just when doing gifts say thank you to your MIL for the crib. If you REALLY feel like people will care, take a photo of it, but that's overkill in my opinion.

Meanwhile... did you delete your other thread? I don't see it any more. 

This.  Why the DD? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's a really sweet idea! 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDidican813:
    That's a really sweet idea! 

Stop it.  She was NOT being serious about putting the other presents in it.  Sooo also, are you having a 2nd shower (nbd if you are) I'm just curious what your reaction is going to be towards your non-registry gifts.  Or was your other post fake? 

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow...just wow. Why all the attacks? 
  • The other post was to see a reaction. My shower is THIS Saturday. The other post was about a friend who was complaining to me...I wanted to word it with her pov to see reactions. I felt the same way most posters did but thought Id see how others felt. When I read all the negativity I decided just to delete the post. Didn't want people to think it was me. 

I didn't realize I'd get sarcastic reactions for this post tho...jeez Louise. 

• imageDidican813:

The other post was to see a reaction. My shower is THIS Saturday. The other post was about a friend who was complaining to me...I wanted to word it with her pov to see reactions. I felt the same way most posters did but thought Id see how others felt. When I read all the negativity I decided just to delete the post. Didn't want people to think it was me. 

I didn't realize I'd get sarcastic reactions for this post tho...jeez Louise. 

Yeah, right.  That is about the lamest excuse I've ever heard and I don't believe it for one second. 

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Does your MIL need that public validation?  Tell her thank you in person, write her a card and move on.  This isn't a contest, is it?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • imageMandJS:

imageDidican813:
    Rude.

Please use the quote button. No one has any idea who you are talking to otherwise. It's next to the reply button at the bottom right of each comment.  

I took it as a general sort of blanket insult. Apparently it's her first day on the interwebz. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMandJS:
    imagechristie522:
    imageMandJS:

imageDidican813:
    Rude.

Please use the quote button. No one has any idea who you are talking to otherwise. It's next to the reply button at the bottom right of each comment.  

I took it as a general sort of blanket insult. Apparently it's her first day on the interwebz. 

I'm honestly baffled that newbies can figure out how to delete a thread but can't manage the quote button. 

I was just about to say this, amazing how they can find delete but not the quote button. Makes you wonder how many accounts on the bump the have??? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You're a whore.

(I like not quoting people, this is fun!) 

I mean, my friend thinks you're a whore...not me, I'm totes not a mean girl.  It's purely hypothetical.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • imageBallSox:
    Does your MIL need that public validation?  Tell her thank you in person, write her a card and move on.  This isn't a contest, is it?

I need public validation.  I think you need to go on every board on TB and announce that I told you your son is adorable!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Quoting is (apparently) for pu$$ies

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"