January 2011 Moms
Options

Give me some ideas!

We are going on a few trips this summer so I have decided to come up with a travel box of toys that we will take. I will update as necessary.

So far we have the following based on what she likes:

-DUPLO legos (I bought a 33 pcs box and put them into a pouch), then I bought some DUPLO plates and secured them to a hard board so that I can put it on her lap in the car. She LOVES megabloks and DUPLOs so this was a must.

-Mini touch and feel books, she loves the big touch and feels.

-Large notepad with crayons, she loves markers but she also designs her face so I wanted to avoid them on the trip. She's more into writing on paper than on her magnadoodle so I skipped it.

-Pouch of match box cars which she loves. I don't really have a surface for them though, besides the notepad.

-Small chunky puzzle, entertains her some what but it only has 3 pieces (so they don't get lost).

-iPad loaded with Sesame Street and Sid the Science Kid, although she doesn't really watch TV that much.

Anything else you can think of that's small? She likes building tracks with her train tracks but those were so big and I could not find a mini version. Our trip is 12 hours long and I have a TC that ends at 9am so we are leaving at 9am :( She will sleep from 2-4pm and then down for the night at 7pm so we will have to entertain her for 8 hours :)

Re: Give me some ideas!

• Options

Is a portable DVD player out of the question?

If she likes markers, maybe get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Crayola-Wonder-Travel-colors-styles/dp/B001KW0606/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340661790&sr=8-1&keywords=color+wonder+travel No mess!

DD is really into her MyPal Violet right now.

Does she have a baby doll?

I read a while back that some took scrap pieces of fabric and tied them together to make a long rope. Then they put that inside of a wipes tub and let LO pull the rope out over and over. A loves playing just an empty wipes tub, I'm sure she'd love this if I ever actually made it for her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

SweetH, the iPad has an attachment for the headrest so she can watch TV rearfacing.

I actually have materials to make the wipes (tissue box) toy BUT I can't figure out how to layer them in so that when she pulls one up, the next will come out automatically (you get what I'm saying, right?) I will google it lol.

We have My Pal Scout, I will bring that along. I saw someone else say their LO is into the Leaptop, I will check her interest in that. She brushed it off when we showed it to her initially.

She has dolls and will feed them, put them to sleep in their bassinet, etc, but it's nothing that grabs her attention like blocks and cars haha

And the problem with markers is that she writes on herself. She used one yesterday like she was putting on lip gloss. I don't really wear make up so I am not sure where she's learning that stuff from lol.

Thanks for your suggestions, off to figure out the tissue box.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok SweetH, I think I have the wipes box idea covered. Thanks again!
  • Options
    The color wonder markers only write on color wonder paper. If she puts it on her face it's just clear, and non toxic.
  • Options
    Cooper is really into his magna doodle right now so I bought a smaller one from the dollar store and he uses it that in the car.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    The Fisher Price Laugh & Learn dog is something I'd take on a long car trip. Also some kind of phone. She is super obsessed with fake phones. (And real ones if she can get her hands on them.) Lift the flap books are good. I'd probably bring an electronic light up toy for a trip that long.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options

imageSweetHurricane:
    The color wonder markers only write on color wonder paper. If she puts it on her face it's just clear, and non toxic.

I had no idea. I am going to amazon prime it! Thanks, I always get worried that she will eat crayons lol

• Options

imageRosieBcheeks98:
    Cooper is really into his magna doodle right now so I bought a smaller one from the dollar store and he uses it that in the car.

Those are the only ones we have HAHA I wasn't going to buy her the fancy ones until she's like 2!

• Options
    imageHALFM00N:

We are going on a few trips this summer so I have decided to come up with a travel box of toys that we will take. I will update as necessary.

So far we have the following based on what she likes:

-DUPLO legos (I bought a 33 pcs box and put them into a pouch), then I bought some DUPLO plates and secured them to a hard board so that I can put it on her lap in the car. She LOVES megabloks and DUPLOs so this was a must. - maybe you could fill the flat side with a loose bag of fabric and fill it with packaging material I don't know if you ever had one of those, but I remember when i was little a friend of mine did and they sit very nicely on the lap.

-Mini touch and feel books, she loves the big touch and feels.

-Large notepad with crayons, she loves markers but she also designs her face so I wanted to avoid them on the trip. She's more into writing on paper than on her magnadoodle so I skipped it.

-Pouch of match box cars which she loves. I don't really have a surface for them though, besides the notepad.-if you don't do the bag idea on the back of the duplo board you could use this for the cars.

-Small chunky puzzle, entertains her some what but it only has 3 pieces (so they don't get lost).

-iPad loaded with Sesame Street and Sid the Science Kid, although she doesn't really watch TV that much.

Anything else you can think of that's small? She likes building tracks with her train tracks but those were so big and I could not find a mini version. Our trip is 12 hours long and I have a TC that ends at 9am so we are leaving at 9am :( She will sleep from 2-4pm and then down for the night at 7pm so we will have to entertain her for 8 hours :)

My other idea is Iz loves purses. She loves unzipping them emptying them and filling them back up. It is her favorite thing to do. Maybe you could do something like that...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"