Okay, how weird would this be? Sort of funny situation — The Bump
Special Needs

Okay, how weird would this be? Sort of funny situation

DS has a lot of sensory issues with clothing and textures. When we've tried to take him swimming this summer he hates getting his swim trunks wet. He starts pulling at the legs of the suit to keep them from touching his legs. Eventually, he just takes the trunks off and goes naked. Fine at home in our fenced in yard, not so fine anywhere else. So, I'm considering buying him a speedo Surprise 

Be brutally honest Smile

Re: Okay, how weird would this be? Sort of funny situation

• Maybe see if you can find long speedos like this:

DS tolerated those before he was able to handle real swim trunks.  They don't look quite as weird as an itty bitty speedo would.  :-)

• Thanks so much! This may be exactly what he needs. Are they snug fitting through the leg?
  • Loading the player...
  • I personally think a speedo would be cute, but the speedo leggings that were suggested are also a great alternative
  • Way less weird than swimming naked. I say give it a try!
  • image AgrippaRidesAgain:

Maybe see if you can find long speedos like this:

DS tolerated those before he was able to handle real swim trunks. They don't look quite as weird as an itty bitty speedo would. :-) 

Speedo Jammers are the bomb!! There are a few sensory kids on the swim team here, they prefer these to the briefs (no one would dream of swimming in shorts Wink). Just make sure to try them on, they need to fit snug (but not tight) or they fly off little bums. DS loves his, he says they don't get in the way and rub.

They fit like bike shorts do, against the skin, not flapping in the wind.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards