Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Easily distracted while eating?

Anyone else's DC get really easily distracted while eating?  DD will stop and stare at something and smile, watch the TV (even if it's off), turn and smile at me, etc. It takes her forever to eat now. Why do you think she is doing this?  Will it last?  (Just started last week)

Re: Easily distracted while eating?

• Options
    Same thing happened to us... it was taking DD 30 min to finish a bottle! We switched to level 3 nipples around 7 months and that helped... also, she did grow out of it. ?It's cool when they become so aware, but...
  • Options
    Bad news...it just gets worse! DS now turns his head side to side, stops, hits the bottle and does everything but eat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Do you mean while you are nursing/giving a bottle? DS started this for a month or 2 around 3 months and it got so bad that I could hardly get him to eat at all during the day, then was up all night because he was hungry. He's started doing it again recently, though not as bad, but I can't do anything (read, watch tv, listen to the radio) while I feed him, otherwise he gets distracted. People tell me it's because he's becoming so aware of everything, he wants to check it all out. I am sure it will pass.

• Options
    ditto on pp, it's not any easier when you are nursing either.  8 mo next week and still distracted.  Nursing in public is very hard unless she is really hungry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Same is happening to us.  Ours got really bad in the last week.  I hope it changes soon.
  • Options

DD gets distracted too.  It started about a month ago. She is however still able to eat, it just take a little longer.

Gabrielle Faith finally arrived...April 25th, 2008 Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DD is pretty bad with this.  DH thinks it is a great game to stand there and call her name so she turns to smile at him.  Then as soon as she goes back to eating, call her name again.  It's really hard not to laugh.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"