Pre-School and Daycare

Total Sleep

Wondering what time your toddler goes to bed and how many total hours of sleep they are getting each day.

Been reading some information that suggests DD3 isn't getting enough sleep.  She goes to bed between 8/8:15pm and sleeps until 7:30am.  She naps for 2 hours each day, unless we are doing something special.

Re: Total Sleep

• Everything I read says 10-12 hours total for a 3yo so she is getting more than recommended. My DD usually goes to bed around 9ish and gets up around 7:30-8 and has not napped in a year on a regular basis.  Today she napped an hour or so and just fell asleep at 10, she will wake normal time or earlier. 
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • My son gets about the same amount of sleep that your DD gets.  I think it's plenty of sleep!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would say mine is 8:30pm-7am on average.  Some days it is more, some less, but generally that is about it.  No nap. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • 3.5 year old sleeps from 7:30-6:30ish.  No nap.

2 year old sleeps from 8-7:30ish.  2-3 hour nap.  

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • DD1 is 4 and she sleeps an average of 10-11 hours at night, no naps.

DD2 is 2.5 (she'll be 3 in Oct) and she sleeps 10 hours a night and takes a 2 hour nap. 

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • LoCarbLoCarb member
    3 yo sleeps 8:30/9p-6a. She gets a 2 hr nap break during the day at PS. I hope she's sleeping the entire time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JCMJCM member
    DD turned 3 about a month ago and sleeps about 11.5 hours at night, bedtime is 7 & she wakes up between 6:30 & 6:45 am and takes one hour or so long nap.  So a total of 12-13 of hours per day.  I've read at her age 11-15 hours is the average.  I'm not sure how old your LO is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"