Success after IF
Options

Question about due date

Sorry, I feel that this is a dumb question.  My first pregnancy was via IVF so there was little question over my due date or gestation as my pregnancy went along right on track.  For this pregnancy, my LMP was on 1/13 (long cycles) and I ovulated on 2/6 and so I have a slight discrepancy in my due dates between these figures.  My ob says Oct. 31st but if I use my LMP, I would be due Oct 19th.  Is the date/gestation just confirmed via ultrasounds?  My a/s was last week and the tech did say the fetus was measuring at 21 weeks and I was 20 weeks 5 days based on O date but I feel that there must be an error of measurement in their calculations. 

Anyone have insight into this?

Thank you 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Question about due date

• Options

If you go on sites like pregnology, you can calculate by your ovulation date.  Basically for late ovulation you count back 2 weeks from O date and use that as a fake LMP.

DS measured 2 weeks ahead the majority of my pregnancy, so your a/s results sound right in line with your O date.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

I always added 38 weeks to my O date to get my EDD.  If I needed to know a "working" LMP, I subtracted 14 days from my O date.  When doctor's offices asked for my LMP, I'd explain that it wasn't actually my LMP, but I always gave my "working" LMP date. 

So, if you Oed on 2/6, I'd use the (made up) LMP of 1/23 for calculation purposes.  Or, again, 38 weeks after O, so 10/29.  U/s measurements aren't always precise, especially the later in your pg you are. :)

Congratulations!

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As everyone else said, go with your day of ovulation. The whole LMP date is because most women can recall that, and don't necessarily know when they ovulated (unlike those of us who struggle with fertility and could probably tell our exact ovulation dates for the last year!). Calculations based on LMP assume a typical 28-day cycle, with ovulation around days 12-14. If you know your cycle is way different, then I would adjust based on your ovulation day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"